Hello from Portland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayhoffa75

Reaction score
Hello from Portland, Oregon. I am a new brewer, though I did a few Mr Beers a couple years ago. I just couldn't get into Mr Beer. I got a Midwest Brew Master kit for mi' birthday, and just finished up an Citra IPA batch, my first extract batch. I have almost all the stuff to try all grain, only need a spigot and false bottom for my mash tun. And, last night, put this batch into my keg, and threw it into the fridge with CO2 attached. Im excited, tasted great cold and flat. Anyway, hello and I look forward to using this forum as a resource! :mug:

Welcome to the forums. Assuming you're talking about Portland, OR and not Maine, we live in a very good place for homebrewing. Multiple homebrew shops are available throughout the area, give one or all of them a try when you're looking for equipment and ingredients. I go to Homebrew Exchange in NoPo because it's close to my house and I want them to stay that way, but they don't always have everything I need. I use FH Steinbarts in SE and Mainbrew in Hillsboro to fill in the gaps.

Welcome and have fun!

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

Not as good as Colorado breweries, but you have some great breweries in Portland.

Thanks for the heads-up. Yup, good old Portland, Oregon. I live in Camas, work in Portland, so I've been to Bader Brewing a few times. Friendly people!

Hi, from North Texas, JayHoffa 75!

Went to Wilson High in Portland (class of 1960). Left for AK and CA in early 70's--got tired of the gloomies. Lots of good food and beer in Portland. I get up there once in a while.

Back