Grumble and Complain - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Grumble and Complain

Old 01-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts

For the first time in 10 years, I was proud this fall to state that I was a Cincinnati Bengals fan. I have been a fan ever since I was a wee lad (25 years ago), but that's not something you go around shouting when your team (in general) sucks and chokes at every opportunity.

This year, things were looking great for the big cats. #1 ranked QB in the NFL. Johnson and Johnson handling the ball well. Tough-as-nails defense. Clenched a playoff spot with games to spare.

And then... TOTAL DISASTER. 2nd offensive play of the 1st playoff game and the #2 receiver and QB are DONE, both with knee injuries.

I was sure glad I had all that beer to cry into on Sunday.

-walker

Old 01-10-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
loopmd

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Looks like you better get busy....

Primary: empty Mini-Primary: empty
Secondary #1: empty Secondary #2: empty
Bottled/Conditioning: Nothing

Old 01-10-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
Walker

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC

Yeah.. I had to shut the brewery down since I was going to be out of town for a few weeks. I was supposed to have another 5 gallons in stock, but my wheat beer went sour on me and I had to dump it a few days before christmas.

I'm still sitting OK with what I have (about 3 cases of good beer, and 1.5 cases of horrible porter). I'll probably be firing up the kettle this weekend for the next batch.

Oh! And I got a new fermenter for Christmas. Nothing special, just another 6.5 gallon primary, so my capacity has gone up a little.

Better add that primary to the sig....

-walker

Old 01-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #4
Truble

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Boston, MA
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

That definitely suqued about Carson- I was glad to see him do well this year. I wanted you to win so that we (New England) could get Indy this weekend.

Primary: Octoberfest
mini 1G Primary: nichts
Secondary #1: #97 Pale Ale
Secondary #2 nichts
Bottled/Conditioning: nichts

Fully ConditionedDrinking: nichts
All Gone!:
Everything

Old 01-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully

Recipes 

Jul 2005
Barony of Fuquay-Varina, NC
Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
I was supposed to have another 5 gallons in stock, but my wheat beer went sour on me and I had to dump it a few days before christmas.
Should have bought some raspberry syrup and called it Berliner Weisse! As far as disastrous wheats go, I started one last weekend due to favorable fermentation temps in the house and of course a January heat wave hits and the fermentation closet smells like bubblegum.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #6
Walker

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truble
That definitely suqued about Carson- I was glad to see him do well this year. I wanted you to win so that we (New England) could get Indy this weekend.
At this point, I'm pulling for the Patriots for a record-setting superbowl winning streak. Good luck.

I am also obligated to root against the Bears and the Colts (my brother's team and my father's team, respectively). However, I do need to cheer for the colts to beat the steelers next week out of vengance. They you can feel free to have the Pats slam the Colts and keep them out of the big game.

-walker

Old 01-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #7
Walker

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC

Quote:
At this point, I'm pulling for the Patriots for a record-setting superbowl winning streak. Good luck.

I am also obligated to root against the Bears and the Colts (my brother's team and my father's team, respectively). However, I do need to cheer for the colts to beat the steelers next week out of vengance. They you can feel free to have the Pats slam the Colts and keep them out of the big game.
Or, better yet, let the steelers win next weekend and then lose to the Patriots to keep them out of The Big Game (EXACTLY like last year.)

-walker

Old 01-10-2006, 09:11 PM   #8
2nd Street Brewery

Recipes 

May 2005
Castleton NY
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
For the first time in 10 years, I was proud this fall to state that I was a Cincinnati Bengals fan. I have been a fan ever since I was a wee lad (25 years ago), but that's not something you go around shouting when your team (in general) sucks and chokes at every opportunity.
I feel for ya man but I then again I root for the Jets We lost both our QBs in the same game, not to mention our probowl center, our best RB and the guy they signed to back him up, our gutsy little possesion recvr Chrebet and I don't know who else. Hell we signed Vinny Testeverde off his couch to play for us. Then to top it all off our coach decides he doesn't like it in town and goes to KC and all we get is a stinking 4th round pick.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:14 PM   #9
AllHoppedUp
Recipes 

Nov 2005
Oregon

Quote:
And then... TOTAL DISASTER. 2nd offensive play of the 1st playoff game and the #2 receiver and QB are DONE, both with knee injuries.
How can you call Henry your #2 receiver? Houshmandzadeh's the #2 guy if anybody is. Unless you were referring to both CJ and Housh as both being #1 guys - then I guess Henry could be your #2.

I'm a Seahawk fan since they're the only pro football in the Northwest, but as an OSU Beaver alum I quietly cheered for the Bengals because I want to see CJ and Housh do well. Wouldn't it be sweet if you got Mike Hass next year? You'd have the Beaver Receiver tri-fecta!!

AHU

Old 01-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #10
Truble

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Boston, MA
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Or, better yet, let the steelers win next weekend and then lose to the Patriots to keep them out of The Big Game (EXACTLY like last year.)

-walker
And if this happens, the AFC championship will be at home in NE.

Primary: Octoberfest
mini 1G Primary: nichts
Secondary #1: #97 Pale Ale
Secondary #2 nichts
Bottled/Conditioning: nichts

Fully ConditionedDrinking: nichts
All Gone!:
Everything