Pictures of the 2nd AG fermenting - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Pictures of the 2nd AG fermenting

Old 12-20-2007, 06:35 AM   #1
EinGutesBier
Recipes 

Jul 2007
Mandan, ND
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I probably should've taken pictures of the whole AG process to justify a thread, but I was so proud of the yeast doing their thing (I don't ask for a whole lot to be happy) that I had to pull out my camera. For veteran brewers there probably isn't much to see, but here are the pictures all the same.

Sorry if the images are too large, if so mods, feel free to delete the thread. : /

Btw, here's the thread for the AG these pertain to: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=48582

The jury is still out on whether to call it a Biere de Garde or a Saison...not spicy enough for a Saison, but not made at the right time or bottled long enought to be a BdG.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:44 AM   #2
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Liked 259 Times on 132 Posts

looks tasty!

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 12-20-2007, 06:47 AM   #3
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

No matter how many times I see it, it's still sexy.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:56 AM   #4
Spyk'd

Recipes 

May 2006
Waveland, MS
Liked 25 Times on 19 Posts

ALOT of old timers will use a three piece air lock for primary, just for the easy cleanablility factor, and s-bubblers for secondary...

Just a thought.

Everything looks beautiful!

Old 12-21-2007, 04:39 AM   #5
landhoney

Recipes 

Apr 2007
West Palm, FL
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinGutesBier
The jury is still out on whether to call it a Biere de Garde or a Saison...not spicy enough for a Saison, but not made at the right time or bottled long enought to be a BdG.
Biere de Garde's are usually made with more neutral ale or lager strains(at ale temps). And like you stated, that's not the best yeast for a Saison. My pholisophy: who cares? Sometimes you make a beer to style and sometimes you don't. Call it a Saison de Garde, that sounds cool.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:33 AM   #6
EinGutesBier
Recipes 

Jul 2007
Mandan, ND
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Very true. There's a book out there on farmhouse ales and I believe the author has a similar perspective as you do on styles. They're good to have, but you shouldn't try to pigeon hole very beer you make. Just make what you like and enjoy it when it's done.

Btw, I like your suggestion for the name, it does sound pretty cool.