I'm starting to loose it....I have got to brew! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I'm starting to loose it....I have got to brew!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
98EXL

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Maryland
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

So I've been away from my brewery for 9 days now, and have 5 days to go until I'm back home! I'm starting to shake a little bit....I did get some HB medicine by going to the LHBS here in Denver, but I am seriously starting to go through withdrawal....and the worse part, is I'm sober at the moment.

Anyone else ever go through withdrawal like this? I think I have my gravity fed sculpture planned out.....that is how bad I'm craving right now.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Central PA
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Well I dunno, last year I brewed so much stock during the cold season that it carried me a long time. I brewed once or twice during the summer and am just now getting back in a regular brewing swing...sort of. I still have a lot of cider to bottle. I plan on hitting up some high gravity brews soon but I need to free up the carboys.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
98EXL

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Maryland

I've gotten on this kick recently since SWMBO has been put on the brewery payroll.

It's been like this for about 2 months or so since I started AG. At all times this is what is there:

2 * 5 gal in primaries
2 * 5 gal in secondaries
1 * 6 gal in Apfelwien
2 batches of bottles conditioning

[she and] I do 2, 5 gallon batches on brewday, so when it's brewday (usually sunday) we have to bottle ahead of time to free up the secondaries, then rack into the secondaries to free up the primaries to fill with new brew.

One thing I need to do, which I didn't bring any of my notes, is really start keeping banging ass notes. I think it's time to finally splurge on brew software.

So because we've been doing all of this brewing, I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms today, since I haven't brewed in two weeks now.....I missed this weekend, but at least we brewed the night before I left

Old 12-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #4
Kevin Dean

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Frederick, MD
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I totally understand!

I went for a little while brewing once a week, sneaking a double-batch in there somewhere.

This past weekend I was "broke" due to a bad situation and the week before I decided to buy some kegs to dispense my brews at a party (having 6 more kegs laying around doesn't hurt morale either!) so haven't brewed in what is over two weeks.

Come Sunday evening I had my head out of the apartment window wimpering like a sad puppy.

What's even worse is that I suspect I need to buy a new regulator this coming week to rack some brews that have been sitting in secondary longer than I'd like. Oh well. I'm sure I can still sneak something in.

Relax, Don't Worry, have some microbrew.

"What's your name? Well my mom calls me Son, and my cat calls me Meow, either will do." -- Sam Dodson of the Obscured Truth Network

Old 12-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
uglygoat

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Clebland, OH
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

didn't brew from july through september this past summer. it was self imposed though, as it was too fuggin hot, and i was working long hours, and just didn't have the energy.

after the great kegerator accord with swmbo this past month, i have to limit brewing in the attached garage, to times when she's at work. hello night brew sessions!

that is untill the brewhaus is built out back. then it's on again.

never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
98EXL

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Maryland

I have been enjoying having all of the microbrews out here....I just miss the fact I can't brew...and I really want to

EDIT: What is a 50 spot 'arcade' at an adult store.....we drove by one yesterday, and it has me interested now

Old 12-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #7
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 789 Times on 435 Posts

If I can’t brew, I play my favorite PC video game…BeerSmith.

If I’m gonna be tied up the next few weekends, I just go ahead and plan out my next 3-4 recipes. Then I like to read up on commercial versions of those styles and maybe hit beeradvocate.com and read some ratings.

Planning, reading and researching “almost” satisfies my brewing urges…but not quite.

Next brews you ask?

A 60 Schilling Scottish
A Sweet (milk) Stout
A Mild English Brown
And of course…the 888 RIS due up in a couple weeks.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:37 PM   #8
98EXL

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher
If I can’t brew, I play my favorite PC video game…BeerSmith.

If I’m gonna be tied up the next few weekends, I just go ahead and plan out my next 3-4 recipes. Then I like to read up on commercial versions of those styles and maybe hit beeradvocate.com and read some ratings.

Planning, reading and researching “almost” satisfies my brewing urges…but not quite.

Next brews you ask?

A 60 Schilling Scottish
A Sweet (milk) Stout
A Mild English Brown
And of course…the 888 RIS due up in a couple weeks.

You know, maybe I'll actually pick that game up. I'm due for one, and I think it will run on the laptop that I have since it's a POS