Lost Interest in Sports - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Lost Interest in Sports

Old 12-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2195 Times on 768 Posts

Maybe it's only me but I'm losing or lost interest in professional sports

MLB with their strikes and now all these steriod scandals. NFL wanting to show good games only on special subscriptions. NBA players getting more and more ghetto in looks and play. Championship last year even with my Spurs was boring as hell and the constant ghetto playing with trying to fake fouls by falling down called drained the game.

Register Now!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Wichita Falls, Tx
Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts

I lost interest quite a while ago. I still watch the Auburn SEC football game now and again, but that's it.

I will watch European football though. I really enjoy that.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
SuperiorBrew
Recipes 

Aug 2007
Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts

+1

And the games seem to drag on and on, The last ball game I watched went into extra innings and was well over 4 hours. Most football games run over the alloted time as well. I think my attention span is getting shorter.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
Neomich
Recipes 

Sep 2007
Fort Worth (soon)

MMA is starting to become more and more mainstream. Maybe check out a UFC pay per view at a local sports bar and see if that's more to your liking.

I'm a big fan and it's in part to what you were already commenting on about the other sports.

-Frank Zappa

Old 12-14-2007, 10:46 PM   #5
BrewBrain
Aleforger
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2007
San Jose, CA
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

I've about quit sports, too. I'm getting back into horse racing though. Now that's a good time

Bay Meadows. Where the athletes pay the fans

QUICKSILVER HOME BREWERY

Old 12-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #6
SuperiorBrew
Recipes 

Aug 2007
Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomich
MMA is starting to become more and more mainstream. Maybe check out a UFC pay per view at a local sports bar and see if that's more to your liking.

I'm a big fan and it's in part to what you were already commenting on about the other sports.
I love the UFC but get sick of paying $49.95 for the highdef shows

Old 12-14-2007, 10:49 PM   #7
Jester369
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Vermont
Liked 218 Times on 142 Posts

I'd rather watch a good movie or play with my kids, quite honestly. If a game is on somewhere, I don't mind watching, but I never tune in at home.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
jvh261

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lyons, Illinois
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I love the NFL like a naked lady. Get Direct TV. No worries.

I'm even getting back into the NHL. Now that old man Wirtz is dead and his kid Rocky realizes that the fans are not the enemy, I may even start going to Blackhawks games again.

MLB and the NBA are another story.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Old 12-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #9
talleymonster

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts

I love to go to a baseball game, but I simply cannot watch it on TV. The only sport I really watch is football, and only when it's one of my teams or it's a good match-up.

Which reminds me.....Swmbo is a huge Colts fan. She found this image the other day and I had to laugh. It's kinda funny:

P.S. I said SWMBO is a huge Colts fan, not me!

Old 12-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #10
DUCCCC
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Liked 42 Times on 42 Posts

With the release of the list of MLB players all juiced up yesterday I think everyone needs to apologize to Bonds. I mean all that talk about asterisks, it just seems to me that all the guys he was playing against were just as jacked up as he was, so it's not like he got a break being on 'roids...

I'm a racing fan, though NASCAR ain't anything like "stock" car racing anymore and it's really losing its appeal to me these days. The only way to tell the cars apart is the paint and stickers, otherwise it seems they're all small block Chevy powered, Ford rear-end, generic bodied identical machines. If the car they race is supposed to represent a consumer product, then it damn well should be like that product. I think they should be required to race front wheel drive, V6 powered, uni-body constructed 4 doors. Either that or bring back rear wheel drive to the consumer. I'm sick of FWD.

I guess the only sports I still enjoy watching now are Motorcycle racing, which I have to download after the races, because US networks suck for any motorsports besides one Indy car race and NASCAR. There's also NCAA Basketball, which is great fun once March rolls around. Golf's good to sleep to.