Beer of the GODS..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlfA01

...it ain't sold in heaven...
Reaction score
What beer would aliens drink? We know that the Greek and Egyptian, even Sumarian gods drank wine. If the gods were to drink a beer....what would it be?

Cheers,
AlfA01

LOL. Your mortal mind cannot comprehend its awesomeness. :ban:

I miss that thread.

Not sure about the thread, as I'm new here, but live in the land of the GODS (Greece)--there's a specific wine that was reserved for the purpose of the upper echelon (which I've been privileged to try on many occasions).

Cheers,
AlfA01

Not sure about the thread, as I'm new here, but live in the land of the GODS (Greece)--there's a specific wine that was reserved for the purpose of the upper echelon (which I've been privileged to try on many occasions).

Cheers,
AlfA01

Sorry for leaving you out of the loop (and welcome to the forum!). There was a guy on here a few weeks ago who bragged that he made a spiced ale and blonde ale that were the best of the 700+ beers he had tried in his life. He then refused to share the recipes and got upset when people gave him a hard time about it.

I imagine the beer of the gods being something like a big Belgian Trappist ale. They're made by monks, after all! :)

Sorry for leaving you out of the loop (and welcome to the forum!). There was a guy on here a few weeks ago who bragged that he made a spiced ale and blonde ale that were the best of the 700+ beers he had tried in his life. He then refused to share the recipes and got upset when people gave him a hard time about it.

I imagine the beer of the gods being something like a big Belgian Trappist ale. They're made by monks, after all! :)

link?

What beer would aliens drink? We know that the Greek and Egyptian, even Sumarian gods drank wine. If the gods were to drink a beer....what would it be?

Cheers,
AlfA01

The thread got deleted I think, but there was a thread entitled something like "what do you do after you brew the most amazing beer ever?" that was hilarious. A shame the link is gone... OP basically bragged about it but gave zero details whatsoever.

Anyway, I'd give them that beer.

Not sure why Aliens = God :)

Pabst Blue Ribbon on Draft of course.

Kona Black Sand Porter because they'd figure out a way to get it elsewhere other than the brewery. Selfish bastards keep their best beer on tap only at the brewery. :mad:

That's hilarious! What exactly was the point of keeping it secret? Seems like somebody doesn't quite get how this site works (and the idea of the fraternity of wine/beer/mead makers that we belong to!)

Unfortunately he took his ball and went home, aka deleted the thread.

Well actually...

After the whole thing went down and he deleted the thread, I still got an email notification with most or all of the thread in it. I might go back and reread the whole thing the next time I'm having a really lousy day. I think the thread still exists in some kind of Mods-only forum.

But I digress... :off:

Well, like all great human creations beer was probably not created by us. Is it possible that ancient alien ancestors came down to earth millenia ago and showed us the ways of fermentation? How is it possible that so many cultures across the globe came up with basically the same idea of fermented beverages?

I'm not gonna say it was aliens...

But it was aliens. (They already have the best beer.)

Well actually...

After the whole thing went down and he deleted the thread, I still got an email notification with most or all of the thread in it. I might go back and reread the whole thing the next time I'm having a really lousy day. I think the thread still exists in some kind of Mods-only forum.

OMG I forgot about the email digests, so I have most of the thread in email too. I just read a lot of it again...and man, its funny.

Sorry for sorta hijacking this thread. But his beer is absolutely what aliens and the easter bunny would drink. :)

That's hilarious! What exactly was the point of keeping it secret? Seems like somebody doesn't quite get how this site works (and the idea of the fraternity of wine/beer/mead makers that we belong to!)

That's pretty much exactly what other members told him. There were some great moments on that thread.

Anyways, I would like to think that the "drink of the gods" of old would have been a quite complex wine, so in keeping with that idea I would suggest it would have to be a significantly complex, yet balanced beer. While there are so many to choose from that can easily fit into this somewhat broad category I've given, I would also venture to assume this beer would have to be quite heavy (I mean we're trying to sate the appetite of gods here, folks). I'm thinking it would have to be something along the lines of a stout or a barleywine. Plenty of room for great complex flavors and strong enough on the high end for even a god to get drunk off it. Although I could be completely off base and the blow-your-socks-off hopiness yet amazing balance of Pliny the Elder is what the gods prefer. I am, after all, no god.

That's good that there is at least some mystical Greek wine that's drinkable because every Greek red I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot, was unpalatable. The whites were only slightly better. Retsina is ok for washing down grilled octopus.

Nearly impossible to find Italian or French reds in Greek supermarkets, so I just gave up and drank ouzo or gin instead ;-) In my opinion, ouzo is the drink of the GODS.

But don't get sad. We're not even allowed to produce grape wine here in Finland due to EU law.

Well, since God is an interdimensional being & not of the physical 3 dimensional world he probably has something even better we cannot comprehend.

I remember that scene! First time you get to see a hung-over Klingon. Stuff must be more like Barleyliquor? :cross:

5 Gallon Recipe of SkΦnstrâsht (Closest phonetic equivalent to the short name of the intergalactically revered "Other Ale" **Note that it is only called that here, by the 4 people who are aware of the existence of the race of aliens found near NGC 206 in the Andromeda galaxy.)

5 lbs Maris Otter
1/2 medium Skîndoskisk lizard (or similar) from a planet near KELT-2Ab, soaked in Jägermeister and "evaporated" with an Other sidearm (have no idea what they are called) set at low power. (This doesn't actually vaporize the lizard, but it does shift the molecules around enough at high enough heat to cook it down to a rough charred powder.)
2 lbs of Skîndoskisk Cattail flowers (Not actually cattails, but closely resemble in general appearance, and luckily often found in the same area as the Skîndoskisk lizard.) pulled apart and lightly roasted.
20 gallons of Methane infused water from Titan, the moon of Saturn. Funny story about how the Others had to make an emergency landing on Earth for repairs involving a Negative Fielded Dark Matter Impulse Drive. They had stopped by Titan for the aforementioned Methane infused water when it happened. Apparently a maintenance crew member was writing false repair reports and instead sneaking off for dalliances with another crew member. Thankfully the repairs went well after the Others managed to find a working Betamax player after only 4 attempts. Unfortunately, the crew member responsible for the malfunction of an otherwise very reliable drive system was severely punished and was forced to listen to Wham's Make It Big album on loop for the whole ride back.
2 ounces of Chinook for bittering
2 ounces of Centennial for late hops

4 lbs of honey from a bird from their home planet is added after cooling and just before pitching the Nottingham. The bird honey adds a delightful pomegranate-like flavor to the finish.

Fermentation takes place in Zero gravity and generally takes about 2 weeks. During that time folding space is impossible or the fementation shuts down. Normally a journey between Andromeda and the Milky Way takes roughly 2.5 hours, and most of that is system checks, spinning up the Warp Drive, and dumping the trash compactor (The Magseal interferes with the Warp Drive's balance.)

Most Others who brew this recipe have eschewed a secondary and keg directly from an extended primary, although there are a few diehard old-timers who feel that this is just laziness and could contribute to off flavors.

Homercidal, wow. Sign me up for alien lizard beer. Epic response. Mind blown

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Pabst Blue Ribbon on Draft of course.

Kona Black Sand Porter because they'd figure out a way to get it elsewhere other than the brewery. Selfish bastards keep their best beer on tap only at the brewery. :mad:

I had the PBR all-you-can-drink-all-night in Vegas for $15 once...hated it and loved it the same time....

5 Gallon Recipe of SkΦnstrâsht (Closest phonetic equivalent to the short name of the intergalactically revered "Other Ale" **Note that it is only called that here, by the 4 people who are aware of the existence of the race of aliens found near NGC 206 in the Andromeda galaxy.)

5 lbs Maris Otter
1/2 medium Skîndoskisk lizard (or similar) from a planet near KELT-2Ab, soaked in Jägermeister and "evaporated" with an Other sidearm (have no idea what they are called) set at low power. (This doesn't actually vaporize the lizard, but it does shift the molecules around enough at high enough heat to cook it down to a rough charred powder.)
2 lbs of Skîndoskisk Cattail flowers (Not actually cattails, but closely resemble in general appearance, and luckily often found in the same area as the Skîndoskisk lizard.) pulled apart and lightly roasted.
20 gallons of Methane infused water from Titan, the moon of Saturn. Funny story about how the Others had to make an emergency landing on Earth for repairs involving a Negative Fielded Dark Matter Impulse Drive. They had stopped by Titan for the aforementioned Methane infused water when it happened. Apparently a maintenance crew member was writing false repair reports and instead sneaking off for dalliances with another crew member. Thankfully the repairs went well after the Others managed to find a working Betamax player after only 4 attempts. Unfortunately, the crew member responsible for the malfunction of an otherwise very reliable drive system was severely punished and was forced to listen to Wham's Make It Big album on loop for the whole ride back.
2 ounces of Chinook for bittering
2 ounces of Centennial for late hops

4 lbs of honey from a bird from their home planet is added after cooling and just before pitching the Nottingham. The bird honey adds a delightful pomegranate-like flavor to the finish.

Fermentation takes place in Zero gravity and generally takes about 2 weeks. During that time folding space is impossible or the fementation shuts down. Normally a journey between Andromeda and the Milky Way takes roughly 2.5 hours, and most of that is system checks, spinning up the Warp Drive, and dumping the trash compactor (The Magseal interferes with the Warp Drive's balance.)

Most Others who brew this recipe have eschewed a secondary and keg directly from an extended primary, although there are a few diehard old-timers who feel that this is just laziness and could contribute to off flavors.

Sir, with all due respect, I think you need to get off the internet for a little while.

Either that or you need your own show.

Well, like all great human creations beer was probably not created by us. Is it possible that ancient alien ancestors came down to earth millenia ago and showed us the ways of fermentation? How is it possible that so many cultures across the globe came up with basically the same idea of fermented beverages?

I'm not gonna say it was aliens...

But it was aliens. (They already have the best beer.)

But the bastards left us here to figure out for ourselves...that's the fun part!

Well actually...

Do you have the base URL for the thread? It may have been archived somewhere, if we're lucky.

Latest posts

Back