CO2 Tank Outside Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watzee

Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading my 5lb CO2 tank to a 20 lb CO2 tank. I did some searching but couldn't find something which is similar to what I want to do.

I have a dual tap regulator with a 3 way splitter so I can carb one and serve 3.

I want to put the tank right to the outside of my fridge and drill 2 holes then basically have the regulator nipples right inside the fridge. So the gauges would be facing up. Does anyone see a problem with this?

Also what should I be using to seal the holes? Hopefully I explained this well enough. If anyone else has done it this way please post pictures. Thanks.

I think I used a 7/8 or 3/4 bit not sure right now but it skinned the hoses pushing them through so I didn't seal mine with anything as it was damn near airtight to begin with.

Sent from somewhere to someone

Edit.
And no I don't see a problem with that a all. I have a 20lb tank outside and ran a single body regulator line to a dual body regulator inside to use 1 for soda PSI and the other runs a splitter for beer carbing / serving.

I do the same thing
20lb. Bottle with dual reg. 1 for carbing the other goes into fridge to a manifold with shutoff. Grab a can of spray foam and squirt a bit in hole. Once hard it protects tue line from being cut and keeps in cold air.:D

Back