Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Other Than Beer...

Old 12-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #21
rpucci
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Woodford Reserve Bourbon
Glen Morangie single malt
Gin and tonic
Vodka and lemonade
Goslings rum neat and punch

Hmmmmm, I'll drink most anything EXCEPT tequila. Tequila is NOT my friend1

F.Z.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #22
rabidgerbil
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpucci
Hmmmmm, I'll drink most anything EXCEPT tequila. Tequila is NOT my friend1
It is beginning to appear that I am the ONLY one here who prefers that particular poison. Fine by me, more for me

Old 12-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #23
JustDave

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

I'm with Yuri, I'll pretty much drink anything.

Scotch, bourbon, not a huge fan of tequila (too many bad college experiences I suppose)

And I enjoy a vodka martini from time to time. While it's not a true "martini", throw some good chilled vodka and olives in a glass and I'm a happy man.

Wine - usually red, but in the summer I'll drink white. But none of that super sickening-sweet Riesling that SWMBO likes ... ugh.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #24
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I'm a fan of red zins if I'm drinking wine.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #25
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 3

A bottle of gin with a half dozen olives jammed down the neck of it. Swig as needed.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #26
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 65 Posts

There's nary an alcoholic beverage I'll run from...

I'm a big ol' wine geek. I'm especially a freak for Cab Franc and Chenin Blanc from the Loire, and Riesling/Pinot Blanc/Gewurtztraminer from Alsace, and certain Burgundy producers too.

As for booze...

Bourbon first. Evan Williams (my namesake) Reserve...Woodford Reserve...Knob Creek...Maker's Mark. Single Malt Scotch second---the peatier the better. Dalwhinnie is one of my favorites. It goes even better with yard bocce (AKA Scocce Ball). I love a good Vespers Martini, too: 1 part vodka, 5 parts gin (Citadelle!), 1/2 part lillet blanc aperitif, mist with Noelly Prat and add a twist of lime. Holy hell, that's good stuff. And then I recently find out that it's Bond's drink? Nice. As for tequila, I really only drink one straight, and that's Patron. The rest I use in "real" margaritas---made with fresh-squeezed lime juice. For rum, I like lime daiquiri's, the real kind, lime, club soda, rum. I also make a mean mojito---it's a variation on Hemingway's original, in that it has bitters added.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 12-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #27
CatchinZs

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTOJ
A bottle of gin with a half dozen olives jammed down the neck of it. Swig as needed.

I'm with you...Gin or Beer. I like to keep it simple.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #28
TexLaw
Here's Lookin' Atcha!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

I'll drink about anything, as long as it's not too sweet. A simple gin martini or gin and tonic are among my favorites when the weather is warm (or not). Jack Daniels and I go waaaay back and have never been cross with each other. I'm gathering a good appreciation for dark rum. Bourbons are good, but they usually make me think of Jack, so I go back that direction.

Tequila had a falling out back in high school, but we made up a long time ago and have enjoyed each other's company quite a bit. A good Mescal finds its way to me now and then, as well.

Red wine has a special place in my heart, too.

TL

Drinking Frog Brewery, est. 1993

Old 12-13-2007, 04:51 PM   #29
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 141 Times on 134 Posts

I drank mixed drinks in the '70s (lots of rum&coke and Wallbangers), wines in the '80s, but switched to beer when the craft movement got started. In the last year, I've had one bottle of port, a pint or two of mead and maybe ten glasses of wine. Hard ciders occasionally. Bought some brandy the previous year. I can't remember the last time I had a mixed drink.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 12-13-2007, 07:50 PM   #30
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 703 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerbil
It is beginning to appear that I am the ONLY one here who prefers that particular poison. Fine by me, more for me
I don't prefer tequila, but a really good one on the rocks with a twist of lime has been known to grace the bar in front of me.

I make a mean margarita as well - Hornitos Sauza with fresh lime and Gran Marnier. For a novelty variation in color, substitute Tarantula tequila and Curacao. When making frozen margaritas, I use similar ingredients, a can of frozen lime-ade, and a splash of Coor's Light. Don't ask me why, but the Coor's Light just seems to make it smoother. It's the best use for BMC I've found.