So I just got an email from the people over at Fast Rack about their new conical. After seeing some reviews on the V Vessel I wanted to know what was changed about the new one. Sold me a least so I ordered one. Can't wait to get it. Here is the email.
Thanks for the note Nick, really appreciate the interest.
We spent about 4-5 days straight going all over the web looking at the reviews of the V Vessel system. While many were positive, it was apparent there are some major things that need to be changed. We hope/think we have covered all of them and some little extras too.
1. The new FastFerment will have a 6 inch screw top almost identical to the Big Mouth Bubbler for easy cleaning & access - Extremely Important
2. We are slightly increasing the volume to 7 gallons total. The current VVessel is currently 26 litres, FastFerement will be 27 litres/7gallons. Some forums talked about needing a little more volume for more head space and blow offs. But at the same time we didn't want to go too much bigger with the goal for it being best suited for 5 gallon batches. So yes its bigger but only slightly.
3. We have changed the wall mount system to make it better. The new one will be 2 separate pieces. They are spaced 16 inches apart so it is ideal for mounting on the standard 16 inch wall studs found in many homes (we will include all the proper mounting hardware). To add to this we will also have an accessory kit available in the next 2-4 months. It will consist of 2 stands and straps/handles for easy transportation. One small stand where the bottom ball will just be off the ground, making it as compact as possible for putting the FastFerment in a Fermenting Chamber/ Fridge/Freezer. The second stand will be taller and will provide enough height for bottling and kegging straight out of the conical. The accessor kit will also include straps/handles for easy transportation.
4. We are increasing the bottom valve from 3/4 inch up to 1 inch. This will provide more flow and much less clogging (something we learned from the forums)
5. On the new FastFerment we will include a permanent Thermo Well on all the units. It will be sunk into the mould. This will allow for temperature monitoring capabilities with any Thermometer/ Temperature Gauge. We will also have the Thermometer available as an accessory by the time the first units ship in August.
Our utmost goal is to provide the best quality plastic conical fermenter at the best dollar value. We want it to land on store shelves at the $99.99 mark or less (hence the pre-sale at $90 shipping included). We will include everything in the kit all the way from the airlock, bung, screw cap, conical vessel, valve, fittings, cam-locks, yeast harvesting ball, 4 feet of 1/2 inch hose, hose clamp, wall mounts and fittings. The idea is to have the kit fully ready for someone to take out of the box and produce the best beer or wine consistently with the lease amount of effort and without having to purchase additional items.
If it wasn't for HomeBrewTalk.com we would have never had the opportunity to listen to what the HomeBrewers actually want. Really appreciate everyone's feedback on everything.
Thanks for the interest and we'll have a beer or two for those who couldn't make the National HomeBrew Conference this year - we are having a blast!
Best Regards - Cheers,