Amsterdam Water & Homebrew Scene?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElementalAles

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm about to move to Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I've been trying to find a water report for the city of Amsterdam or Amstelveen, but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have any ideas where I might be able to find this info? Also, if anyone has lived in Amsterdam and knows anything about the homebrewing scene (stores, groups, etc.), I'd love any info I can find. Thanks!

Howdy - did you finally move to Amsterdam ? Just reading your post. I live here in the center of Amsterdam and home brew.

No major home brewing clubs, but that's not to say we can't get one going. :)

Let me know if you have any question - Hear from you soon.

Hey! Thanks for the response and for the water info! I've been here for a few months now, living in Amstelveen. Managed to make a trip to Almere a few weeks back and brewed my first batch 2 weeks ago. Dry hops are added and I'm bottling this weekend.

Would be fun to meet up, talk beer and maybe even brew a batch. Where are you living? Have an email where I can get in touch? Thanks for reaching out!

Are you both still in the area and brewing? I recently started brewing and was looking into any homebrew clubs etc in the area and this popped up :)

Hey, Sorry for the slow reply. I'm still in Amsterdam. AMan is in the process of moving out of town, though, much to my chagrin! I've found a Dutch homebrew club, Amsterdamse Brouwvereniging de bierkaai. Some homebrewers were pouring their beers at an event at het Arendsnest (great bar if you haven't been there yet). I haven't been to any meetings or events, though, as I sort of feel I'd be imposing as an English-speaking American. Still interested in a club, though not sure if I have the time! Did you just move here, or have you been here a while and are just starting up brewing? Let me know!

No worries about the speed. I have been here for 5years and started brewing end of last year. Might be interesting to see if their are any english speaking meetings they have, but I know what you mean about forcing it at meetings if they normally wouldn't speak english if you werent there.
Otherwise if you're interested wouldn't mind meeting up to brew or chat about it, I'm British so speaking english is mostly ok for me ;)

Hey,

I'm a little late joining the conversation, but also based in the centre of Amsterdam. Keep an eye out for Mediamatic's Bierberaad. They're talks (in English) that take place about once a month just east of Centraal Station. Always entertaining, and often weird. They've been on hiatus for a few months, but the next one is in November:

http://www.mediamatic.net/394984/en/bierberaad-november

Also interested in meeting up if anybody's keen.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the link. Would be psyched to check out an English speaking beer talks before the year is out! I'd also be up to meet up for beers at some point. My schedule is pretty booked up for the next little while, but some time in October should be able to work for me. Let me know what you think and we can figure out a plan.

Thanks for the link, hadn't heard of that place, looks pretty cool.

So maybe if people like we can arrange to meet for a beer, maybe sneak a homebrew along as well if you have anything ready in bottle ;)

I'm away a bit in Oct, but looking at my calendar and a random date that I am around, maybe Wed 7th Oct?

Sure. I brew with a friend in the centre of Amsterdam and there's another friend that's interested, so it shouldn't take much to get them out for a drink.

Figured I'd join the party. Just moved here a few months ago and ready to get back to brewing. I'm living in the center of Amsterdam as well. All my equipment is on a boat somewhere on the Atlantic at the moment but would love to meet up and talk shop. I've just placed an order with brouwmarkt so hopefully the equipment and supplies arrive around the same time to start brewing.

Won't be able to make it next Wednesday but we can always meet another time. Trying to get some friends interested in brewing around here too that might be interested.

So, I can't make the 7th. I'll check back in with another possible night soon. Maybe the next week?

I can't make next week, but could make the week after, but not wednesday as thats Future Day and I have plans already to be on a hover boards :rockin:

so far there are 2 confirmed people for this week, has that increased at all? Otherwise I can maybe set up a poll to find a day most people can come?

Ok so Thursday the 22nd at beer temple, enough time to plan ahead I hope for people. See you there ;)

Sorry guys. Can't make the 22nd. I'll be away on vacation. If it works out have fun! Would love to join if we can hold off until November, but don't hold off on my behalf.

Hi All,

Very late to the party here. I'm the center of A'dam and have been brewing at home for about a year. I'm very interested to meet up with some other home brewers and share/learn/drink. Are you guys still active in the area?

Pete

Hey,

I'm still around. Still brewing, though not as much as I'd like. Would love to get a meet up going finally, since the last attempt sort of fizzled out. I'm free this week, and then am free again after August 9th. Would definitely be up for grabbing some beers and talking homebrew. I couldn't meet up until around 20:30/21:00, though, but otherwise most nights could work. Anyone else?

Pete #2

Hey,

I'm still around. Still brewing, though not as much as I'd like. Would love to get a meet up going finally, since the last attempt sort of fizzled out. I'm free this week, and then am free again after August 9th. Would definitely be up for grabbing some beers and talking homebrew. I couldn't meet up until around 20:30/21:00, though, but otherwise most nights could work. Anyone else?

Pete #2

I'd be interested in joining as well! After August 9th works well for me.

Hello guys, funnily enough we actually met up yesterday for the first time properly and did an orval clone, although Karl and Marcel did all the work and the rest of us sat around drinking some home brews and enjoying the terrace :)

I think the feeling was this is something we would like to continue doing, so maybe we can arrange a drink at one of the bars in town and talk about our next brewing session?

We're pretty uncoordinated right now - how about anyone who's interested PM me their email addresses and I'll send around a mail to everybody.

Hello everyone,

We are looking for new members to join our Amsterdam-based Homebrewing club!

So far there are 16 of us. We have a small home-brewery where we all brew beer - its a very cool set up.

Members of the club vary widely, in terms of skill and experience, so there are people who have been brewing for a long time and people who have been brewing only for a few weeks.

We can brew as much as we like (as long as there is enough space for the fermenters and enough ingredients) and everything we brew is shared equally amongst everyone in the club. Importantly, we all get a say in what is brewed next.

To pay for the ingredients and rental of the brewing space, we pay 70 Euro each per month, and it is very much worth it.

The homebrewed beers we have made recently have been excellent.

If you would like to join, or know someone who would, please let me know and I can start the ball rolling
1f642.png

Many thanks,
Guy

When I moved back from the UK to the Netherlands I found this thread and I see it still pops up in Google searches for Amsterdam Homebrew ;-)

Since then, me and some others started meeting monthly in Foeders. This has led to a more organised international homebrew group: FOEBAR. We are open for all to show up, no fees or contributions needed. We have brewing competitions every 3 months. If anyone is looking to get together with fellow homebrewers in the Amsterdam region, come join us. If you like hanging with us out keep coming, if not don't ;-)

You can find our meeting dates at foebar.com or on our facebook group. We mostly communicate through an email group, you can find how to join this group on our website.

Back