Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Accidently spilled some vodka in my fermenter

Old 12-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #11
tuckferrorists
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
ME!!! I made a winter ale last year where I soaked some oak cubes and a vanilla bean in 2 cups of bourbon during primary fermentation, then tossed the whole thing into secondary with the beer. It's deeeelicious.
how much oak cubes? and was this a 5 gal batch?

Old 12-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #12
CBBaron

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
I'm hoping this was genuinely intended to be helpful...
Yes, I was trying to be helpful by suggesting you search for bourbon if that sounds interesting to you. There have been a number of recipes I have seen that used bourbon or bourbon soaked oak cubes. I haven't tried any myself so I can't comment on how it works but it does sound good.
Sorry I was too lazy to do the search myself.
Craig

Old 12-12-2007, 12:34 AM   #13
Nate

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBaron
Yes, I was trying to be helpful by suggesting you search for bourbon if that sounds interesting to you. There have been a number of recipes I have seen that used bourbon or bourbon soaked oak cubes. I haven't tried any myself so I can't comment on how it works but it does sound good.
Sorry I was too lazy to do the search myself.
Craig
No problem and appreciate the info. It was really just more of a casual question to begin with. You see fortified wines... I've just never seen a fortified beer and figured someone was probably doing it.