Blichmann power module

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizmodog51

Reaction score
anyone using the blichmann module to control mash temps on gas fired BIAB ?

i have been pricing out building one and the cost are within a stone's thrown of buying one....

thanx for any feedback

GD

I bought one just last month. As far as building, my research sounds similar to yours; using the cheapest parts I'd be around $325, using the same parts Blichmann uses I'd be around $425. To me it wasn't worth it to round up all the parts, put it together, and get it all working and calibrated. I don't do much electrical DIY anymore.

It really did make my brew day easier, very happy with having a temp controller.

Good Luck.

Um, just how long are you mashing that you need to control the mash temps with BIAB? Mill your grains really fine and cut your mash time down and forget the mash temperature control. Conversion really only takes a few minutes from when the enzymes get wet. If you mill fine, you can be converted in under 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Back