So much for keeping the freezer clean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigken462

Reaction score
I guess it's a lil late to be worrying about buying a larger blow off tube. So who thinks I'm going to wake up to a stinking mess in the morning?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KXDzPuNLLTo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tube might not be an issue but your blow off container could be larger, have a growler laying around? just put it in water or something that wont foam up. I use starsan sometimes but it will turn in to foam and foam up and right out of your blow off container, lol!

I wish I did. Just a quart jar which was filled halfway with Starsan. I don't have anything in the house that will fit in that spot. Going to empty out a 2 liter soda bottle in a few minutes and see if that might fit down there.

Clean tap water will work, there so much positive pressure nothing it going to go back up the tube, the water wont foam up, not until the blow off fills it anyway.

Back