$7.99 for DFH 120min IPA - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > $7.99 for DFH 120min IPA

Old 12-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #21
Nov 2006
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

20 % abv? So next to Utopias, this is the second most powerful naturally fermented beer in human history?

I'd be tempted to lay a bottle or two down, maybe with some rochfort 10 or something. Is the DFH carbonated? I know utopias is more like a cordial.

Lost Elm Brewing Co.
Stafford Springs, CT

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Old 12-08-2007, 10:07 PM   #22
Nov 2007
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

I just looked. I cannot find any in Anchorage

Old 12-08-2007, 11:56 PM   #23
May 2007
Nashua, NH
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MLynchLtd
Is the DFH carbonated?

I just had a bottle of it last night. The first time I tried it it went down harsh. Last night it was decent - but I wouldn't be surprised if the bottle I bought had been on the store shelf for a year or so already, it doesn't sell quickly here. But really, all I picked up on was sweetness and alcohol - they balanced each other out relatively well, but there wasn't much else there. Despite the claims of how crazy they go with hops in the 120min, I hardly picked up any hop character whatsoever. Guess it's hard for the hops to compete with that much alcohol.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:25 AM   #24
Nov 2006
Central PA
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Hmmm, well my take on it is...if you have never tried it and want to I'd say go for it. Oh but one thing...if you had a rough time getting over the 9%, chances are that one will probably not be so kind to you. Plus have a buddy to share it with.
Event Horizon ~ A tribute to the miracle of fermentation.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:10 AM   #25
Dec 2006
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Originally Posted by Hell Brew
It is 20% abv so it is probably a good thing it isn' t like 7 bucks for a six pack or there would be a lot of incredibly drunk unsuspecting people. Most people I know don' t check the alcohol content on their beer (or know that different beers have different alcohol contents). It is tasty though.

It tasted like complete dog****! I am assuming your referring to the Imperial IPA by dogfish head. 20% ABV
I dont know if mine was a batch that went bad, but I passed it around the room and let 4 others try it before dumping it down the drain. It had a sour taste. (I am not being a woosy either, I have had their raisin d Extra that was strong like this(I think that was the name, the Higher ABV raisin beer))

I like all of their other IPA styles also.