Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > $7.99 for DFH 120min IPA

Old 12-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #21
MikeRLynch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

20 % abv? So next to Utopias, this is the second most powerful naturally fermented beer in human history?

I'd be tempted to lay a bottle or two down, maybe with some rochfort 10 or something. Is the DFH carbonated? I know utopias is more like a cordial.

mike

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Old 12-08-2007, 10:07 PM   #22
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I just looked. I cannot find any in Anchorage

Old 12-08-2007, 11:56 PM   #23
Funkenjaeger

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLynchLtd
Is the DFH carbonated?
Yes.

I just had a bottle of it last night. The first time I tried it it went down harsh. Last night it was decent - but I wouldn't be surprised if the bottle I bought had been on the store shelf for a year or so already, it doesn't sell quickly here. But really, all I picked up on was sweetness and alcohol - they balanced each other out relatively well, but there wasn't much else there. Despite the claims of how crazy they go with hops in the 120min, I hardly picked up any hop character whatsoever. Guess it's hard for the hops to compete with that much alcohol.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:25 AM   #24
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Hmmm, well my take on it is...if you have never tried it and want to I'd say go for it. Oh but one thing...if you had a rough time getting over the 9%, chances are that one will probably not be so kind to you. Plus have a buddy to share it with.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:10 AM   #25
G-E-R-M-A-N
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Brew
It is 20% abv so it is probably a good thing it isn' t like 7 bucks for a six pack or there would be a lot of incredibly drunk unsuspecting people. Most people I know don' t check the alcohol content on their beer (or know that different beers have different alcohol contents). It is tasty though.

It tasted like complete dog****! I am assuming your referring to the Imperial IPA by dogfish head. 20% ABV
I dont know if mine was a batch that went bad, but I passed it around the room and let 4 others try it before dumping it down the drain. It had a sour taste. (I am not being a woosy either, I have had their raisin d Extra that was strong like this(I think that was the name, the Higher ABV raisin beer))

I like all of their other IPA styles also.