Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Keg cleaning - Barkeeper's friend?

Old 04-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
PeatReek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Keg cleaning - Barkeeper's friend?

So I just recently discovered the wonder of Barkeeper's Friend - at least for use on really thick, tough stainless steel equipment like my brewing pot.

Does anyone use Barkeeper's Friend on the insides of your Corny kegs? I ask because it seems pretty abrasive and they appear to be sealed somehow or at least really highly polished in there, and I am afraid to rough that up.

Problem is that I have some questionable scaling inside one of mine; could be beer stone, I'm not sure.

Thanks for any advice!