Mississipi Mud Porter and pilsner, Reussable bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HmeBrewed

Reaction score
I stop by Spec's yesterday to look for a porter which I was craving....couldn't find one but saw the Misissipi Mud mini growler and Id never tried a porter mixed with a Pilsner and not to mention was priced to fly off the shelves, so I paid and got home starting cooking dinner and poured me a glass..... Nice dark beer, the smell wasn't too convincing but the taste was GREAT it was actually a really good brew I slowed down my drinking because I had started cooking and couldn't make it back to spec's lol.... when I was done with the beer I tore of the label which came off very easily and I found myself wondering if it were possible to reuse this small 1qt growler to bottle.... has anyone ever tried it and did it work for you? ........ as for me I can definatly see myself coming home with atleast 10qt's today.. :D #cheers

Not sure about the bottle in particular that you are referencing, but we all reuse bottles! I soak mine in hot tap water and a bit of oxyclean for 30 mins or so and then rinse with hot water. Make sure to rinse the cap well enough and you'll be fine.

Looks like that beer uses a twist-off cap, if the beer advocate picture is correct. So that wouldn't hold a seal if you're bottle conditioning. Or, at least, I wouldn't trust it.

yes the bottle cap is an aluminum twist off cap, and yes I had the same worries about it not sealing properly so thanks for your time to drop a line I might use it just for testing sakes and if it doesn't work I just lost a quart....saddens my heart to say that lol....cheers

I used to bottle in natty boh 40s. Failure rate is maybe 1/20, but I think less if you don't get cocky and remember to tighten the everloving crap out of each one. Teflon tape works, too.

If one fails, reprime and tighten better. Works fine.

Latest posts

Back