What THE HELL??? *cats* - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > What THE HELL??? *cats*

Old 12-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #31
Klainmeister
Recipes 

Jun 2006
Santa Fe, NM
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Am I the only person who likes cats around here?! I've owned many and like them plenty and it's rather simple for me to explain why: they are cool and calculating.

They seem to be very similar to me in the regards that for the most part they are anti-social, do their own deal and seem to be relatively clever. Every dog i've ever owned was a dumbass and i couldn't leave it for more than 8 hours. Cats on the other hand, never had issues with and were always sneaky, quiet, and often lovable.

That being said, I've been lucky. Some of my friends, and my sister, have the MOST annoying cats on earth and i can see how they could be lame.

Bayern, un des Bayerische bier!

Old 12-06-2007, 01:56 AM   #32
Buford

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Richmond, VA
Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

All cats are different. I'm just glad that my current cat is very friendly and tends to clean up after herself. She even partitions the litterbox into poop and piss sections, making it a snap to clean - I usually only have to scoop it every 3 or 4 days and completely dump it once a week.

She rarely ever puts her claws out, although they are sharp. I have a couple scars from where she got me during a freakout when something scared her, but usually she just paws without having her claws out at all.

Her usual response to danger is to look like a deer in the headlights and fall over like a retard.

Name is Nyos. Pronounced "nyoze", one syllable. Long story there.

FERMENTING: ---
KEGGED/IN STORAGE: ---
KEGGED/ON TAP: ---

DIY STUFF: Sanyo 4912 kegerator conversion

Old 12-06-2007, 04:38 AM   #33
Klainmeister
Recipes 

Jun 2006
Santa Fe, NM
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Oh what the hell. Did you steal my cat Desi?

Bayern, un des Bayerische bier!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:45 AM   #34
Buford

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Richmond, VA
Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Yes, then I shaved her belly and put her on Atkins.

FERMENTING: ---
KEGGED/IN STORAGE: ---
KEGGED/ON TAP: ---

DIY STUFF: Sanyo 4912 kegerator conversion

Old 12-06-2007, 04:59 AM   #35
dibby33

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Hobart, Tasmania
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Ever seen a chinese person with a cat?

Primary
s : Ginger Beer, Wheat Beer
Secondary :
Empty
Bottled
: all drunk
Drinking : A Lot.
Next Up : Wheat Beer with grainy things

Old 12-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #36
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

Awwww those gray cats remind me of my cat Ash. He's an angry old bugger that loves me more than the ex. Gawd I miss him....

Old 12-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #37
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8033 Times on 5612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klainmeister
Am I the only person who likes cats around here?! I've owned many and like them plenty and it's rather simple for me to explain why: they are cool and calculating.

They seem to be very similar to me in the regards that for the most part they are anti-social, do their own deal and seem to be relatively clever. Every dog i've ever owned was a dumbass and i couldn't leave it for more than 8 hours. Cats on the other hand, never had issues with and were always sneaky, quiet, and often lovable.

That being said, I've been lucky. Some of my friends, and my sister, have the MOST annoying cats on earth and i can see how they could be lame.
I like cats! I've had cats for over 15 years and my current one is really great. Super friendly, quiet (no obnoxious meowing), and a nice companion. In fact, I'm going to change my avatar to a picture of my cat!

Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #38
JimC
Recipes 

Apr 2007
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Cats, cat houses and especially litter boxes only smell because most cat owners feed their CARNIVORE feline an assortment of ash, rice and waste vegetable, fruit and meat.

They are supposed to eat fresh killed and raw. Small mammals, insects, birds and reptiles. When given a diet of such it is amazing how much healthier they become. They shed less, the don't smell, they poop and piss less and it doesn't smell and obesity, tooth decay and a whole host of medical problems just all go away.