1. LIGHT LAGER - havn't like any I've tasted
2. PILSNER - Had a couple decent ones but not my fav
3. EUROPEAN AMBER LAGER - Not bad
4. DARK LAGER - Getting better
5. BOCK - Enjoyable beers
6. LIGHT HYBRID BEER - Had a few don't care for them
7. AMBER HYBRID BEER - Had Anchor Steam but not any of the European styles
8. ENGLISH PALE ALE - Not bad
9. SCOTTISH AND IRISH ALE - Had a couple that were pretty good
10. AMERICAN ALE - Really enjoyed some of these and others that are so-so
11. ENGLISH BROWN ALE - I like Browns
12. PORTER - One of my favs
13. STOUT - Ofcourse
14. INDIA PALE ALE (IPA) - I can be a hop head
15. GERMAN WHEAT AND RYE BEER - Tried a couple but not my style
16. BELGIAN AND FRENCH ALE - Loved some, didn't care for others
17. SOUR ALE - No experience
18. BELGIAN STRONG ALE - Loved some, didn't care for others
19. STRONG ALE - Usually enjoyable sipping beers
20. FRUIT BEER - Not a fan
21. SPICE / HERB / VEGETABLE BEER - Had a few, usually not a fan but there is alot of territory here
22. SMOKE-FLAVORED AND WOOD-AGED BEER - Can't remember an example of this
23. SPECIALTY BEER - Another wide open category
10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18 in my first 15 batches.
I don't plan on making lagers as I have found few I really like and there are so many ales I want to make.
Although I have tried most general styles I can see a few that are lacking. And looking a the sub categories there are many more I need to look for.
I think I need to start looking some more at the import section as that is where many of my holes are. I think I've covered most of the styles represented by American microbrews.