Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > 1st all grain = beer geekdom

Old 12-02-2007, 04:01 AM   #1
MikeRLynch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default 1st all grain = beer geekdom

After my buddy and I sat around drinking beer after beer of our homebrew watching the sparge from our first all grain, I realized I had sudden urge to use the bathroom. As I stood there, taking what I though to be the longest piss known to man, I realized something. I burst out of the bathroom, pants hardly zipped, and blurted "DUDE! I just batch sparged into your toilet!"

The rest, will be history.

So regardless, yay for all grain! We didn't have a big enough kettle, so we did a 4 gal batch, but it still worked like a charm. A nice big coarse grain bag in a 5 gal cooler was exactly what we needed. Thanks to this forum our first all grain was pretty darn good!

mike

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Old 12-02-2007, 04:05 AM   #2
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 5

oh yeah? well, I tippy-dump in my toilet all the time...

Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #4
MikeRLynch

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

wow

I don't know whether I should be ashamed that I was corrected or ashamed that I know what you're talking about

But no! If we can stand taking this analogy a little further, I think it WAS batch sparging, because I was thinking of the john as my kettle, I had collected wort that was sitting in my bladder (mash tun) and I batch sparged it with a large amount of alcohol that I drank. See?

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and unless we come up with an amazing extract recipe soon, we're sticking with all grain from here on out. Turkey fryer here we come!

mike

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Old 12-02-2007, 04:25 PM   #5
brucepepper
Recipes 

Sometimes at the end of my shower I turn the heat up and think of it as a "mash-out".