Show us your sculpture or brew rig - Page 293 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #2921
Flomaster
 
Flomaster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Orange, Ca
Posts: 2,149
Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts


here it is for now, Rims tool box below, two chugger pumps and SS table tops with galv shelves below price FREE 99.

will one day be an all Electric Rig with 240V control panel.

-=Jason=-
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131208_112723[1].jpg
Views:	2224
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	166525  

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #2922
bd2xu
 
bd2xu's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Atlanta, GA
Posts: 942
Liked 48 Times on 43 Posts


Those kegs are beauty, how long does it take to polish one like that?
__________________
On Deck: ?
Primary:
Secondary: Cucumber Kolsch
On tap: Czech Pils, Munich Dunkel, Petite Saison D'Ete
Bottled: Wee Heavy, RIS - Bourbon/Oak aged, RIS - Port Wine/Oak aged

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:34 AM   #2923
day_trippr
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Stow, MA
Posts: 18,460
Liked 3255 Times on 2431 Posts


Hours. And best not done indoors...

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/poli...phemism-54025/

Cheers!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #2924
coreythomas5
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
coreythomas5's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2013
Posts: 28
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts


First brew on the new stand and new pump this Sunday. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387965493.104945.jpg
Views:	1744
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	167960Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387965511.387405.jpg
Views:	1746
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	167961

Stealthcruiser Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:20 PM   #2925
EmDubeu
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Posts: 200
Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts


Here's the new rendering (it's missing the casters for some reason).

The long vertical bar is for mounting a Pot Filling Faucet on. This faucet will fill the HLT and MT with water.

Each of the burners will have a stainless steel cover with an 11 inch diameter hole cut into it. This will prevent the heat from the burners from washing up the keggle. These covers are removable to wash and access the top of the burner.

The chugger pumps will have splash guards on them to prevent any liquids from dripping on the pumps. The pumps can be moved forward or backward to accommodate a horizontal or vertical pump head installation.

The control box will be mounted on the left side. This will control the HLT temperature for the HERMS and also turn on/off pumps and accessories.

So here's the best things. All the stainless steel will be purchased at cost from my buddy's company. We will pay one of his builders to laser cut all the parts and press all the angles (he takes cash and beer as payment). I'll be posting images of the build progress as it's made.
Click image for larger version

Name:	brew stand 2.0 - view 1.jpg
Views:	1655
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	169568   Click image for larger version

Name:	brew stand 2.0 - view 2.jpg
Views:	1637
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	169569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Burner Heat Wash Cover - On.JPG
Views:	1618
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	169570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Burner Heat Wash Cover - Off.JPG
Views:	1629
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	169571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottom View - Burner Heat Wash Cover - On.JPG
Views:	1630
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	169572  


BFD_BrewGeek Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #2926
EmDubeu
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Posts: 200
Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts


Here's the Hot Liquor Tank with HERMS installed. I also installed a weldless fitting 2000 watt heating element that's connected to a Johnson A419 temperature controller.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131227_191857.jpg
Views:	1653
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	169574   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131227_191906.jpg
Views:	1648
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	169575   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131227_192706.jpg
Views:	1644
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	169576   Click image for larger version

Name:	1388097950720.jpg
Views:	1646
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	169577  

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #2927
EmDubeu
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Posts: 200
Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaudill View Post
Can't remember if I posted this up here or not! So just in case:



30 gallon direct-fired RIMS with Brewtroller. All kettles interconnected via hard pipe and 3 way valves control the direction of flow. All soft tubing is 3/4" ID chlorobutyl brewery hose. Ceramic coated 1" steel tube stand, combination high and low pressure propane, 30-plate chiller, inline aeration. Last mod will be hard plumbing the water into the end of the main rail instead of direct to the HLT. This also gives me a CIP entry/exit point.
I'm in the process of designing my brew stand, which is similar to yours. My mechanical engineer friend and I could benefit by seeing some more images of your brew stand. Did you design/build it yourself?

Mike

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:50 PM   #2928
jcaudill
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
VA Beach, VA
Posts: 886
Liked 71 Times on 52 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDubeu View Post
I'm in the process of designing my brew stand, which is similar to yours. My mechanical engineer friend and I could benefit by seeing some more images of your brew stand. Did you design/build it yourself?

Mike
Yep sure did - contact me via PM and I'll help however I can.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #2929
jcaudill
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
VA Beach, VA
Posts: 886
Liked 71 Times on 52 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDubeu View Post
Here's the new rendering (it's missing the casters for some reason).

The long vertical bar is for mounting a Pot Filling Faucet on. This faucet will fill the HLT and MT with water.

Each of the burners will have a stainless steel cover with an 11 inch diameter hole cut into it. This will prevent the heat from the burners from washing up the keggle. These covers are removable to wash and access the top of the burner.

The chugger pumps will have splash guards on them to prevent any liquids from dripping on the pumps. The pumps can be moved forward or backward to accommodate a horizontal or vertical pump head installation.

The control box will be mounted on the left side. This will control the HLT temperature for the HERMS and also turn on/off pumps and accessories.

So here's the best things. All the stainless steel will be purchased at cost from my buddy's company. We will pay one of his builders to laser cut all the parts and press all the angles (he takes cash and beer as payment). I'll be posting images of the build progress as it's made.
Two quick comments for you:

1) You may want to consider making the burner height adjustable. I designed this into my stand and have taken advantage of it several times. You just don't know for sure where those burners need to be and it gives you no flexibility if you need to make a change later that involves where the kettles will be.

2) I'd recommend elevating the kettles off your stand somehow. You don't want to trap that heat and it'll stop the stand from getting super-heated. Those burners need room to breath.

Good luck!

2)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:31 PM   #2930
EmDubeu
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Posts: 200
Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaudill View Post
Two quick comments for you:

1) You may want to consider making the burner height adjustable. I designed this into my stand and have taken advantage of it several times. You just don't know for sure where those burners need to be and it gives you no flexibility if you need to make a change later that involves where the kettles will be.

2) I'd recommend elevating the kettles off your stand somehow. You don't want to trap that heat and it'll stop the stand from getting super-heated. Those burners need room to breath.

Good luck!

2)
I like your idea about the adjustable burners. I'll engineer some slots for the burner to adjust up or down. My original measurements of the distance between the burner and the kettle was based upon my blichmann burner. The burner is at 2 3/4 inches away from the kettle.

I'm torn about elevating the kettles off the stand, per your suggestion. I'm really trying to keep the heat from the burner washing up on all my valves and element cable. With my burner covers that I've designed, the heat will dissipate around and outside the brewstand. I understand this may heat up the stand...

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show Me Your Wood Brew Sculpture/Rig twst1up Brew Stands 982 12-02-2016 08:52 PM
My new brew sculpture Lil' Sparky All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 28 04-04-2016 07:26 PM
First all grain brew (with amazing brew sculpture pic) alpo All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 15 02-14-2016 03:32 AM
brew sculpture? beerme Equipment/Sanitation 10 09-18-2013 02:40 AM
Brew Sculpture ? lpdean Equipment/Sanitation 13 05-13-2009 11:40 AM


Forum Jump