Hello (again) From Kansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSMICT

Reaction score
I did some brewing and wine making a few years ago, then got busy with life. Now I'm single :ban: and my youngest son just turned 18 :mug:

So... Now I'm getting back into the hobby with a vengance. I have a fresh batch of wine bottled, an Irish stout almost done and am upgrading my kegging setup to Beergas as well as CO2.

Anyone in the Manhattan/Wamego/Topeka area around here?

Congrats on return to the hobby. I'm in KS though not really near Manhattan. My sons and I just finished our inaugural brews on our new system but unfortunately didn't go as smooth as I had hoped. Never even looked at making wine because I thought the finished product took too long. I'm a Zin/Cab drinker though.

Almost Famous Brewing Company

Except for an Apfelwein, all of my experience has been with kits from the LHBS.
Personally I think that (at least with the kits and that one recipe) wine is a little easier than Beer.

It takes a little aging time, but the only effort that requires is some patience and self control. I usually just move the bottles to the basement and forget about them. Works out nicely! Cleaning this summer I found a case of the EdWorts Apfelwein that I bottled 6 years ago and forgot about after piling some things on top of the box.

It aged nicely.
:tank:

Except for an Apfelwein, all of my experience has been with kits from the LHBS.

Personally I think that (at least with the kits and that one recipe) wine is a little easier than Beer.

It takes a little aging time, but the only effort that requires is some patience and self control. I usually just move the bottles to the basement and forget about them. Works out nicely! Cleaning this summer I found a case of the EdWorts Apfelwein that I bottled 6 years ago and forgot about after piling some things on top of the box.

It aged nicely.

:tank:

I don't have that kind of patience!

Almost Famous Brewing Company

I'm not in that area, but I have a son who lives there and I visit several times a year.

Welcome back.

Sent using the Home Brew App.

Back