looking for someone to help with keggle - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > looking for someone to help with keggle

Old 11-29-2007, 06:31 PM   #1
GarciasHomeBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Sacramento

is there any one that lives in and or near sacramento CA that can cut my keg open? And someone that can weld me a single tier AG setup?

Old 11-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Jun 2007
The "Ville"
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Yeah! Is there anyone nearby that can plant and grow some grain and hops for me? I'd really like that!lol
BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 11-29-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
El_Borracho
Recipes 

Oct 2007

davidgarcia, talk to BierMuncher he is the resident pro keggle cutter..

Seriously, you can cut it your damn self. Dremmel, or tin snips.. You can also use a weld less bulk head fitting for the valve.. Search its all on here..

Old 11-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #4
Donasay
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Boston
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

You should just give up on your hopes of finding someone to convert it and ship it out to me in Boston... Find a local welding shop, they will probably charge you like 50 bucks to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
The true definition of an addiction: not stopping even when a dog is having his way with you.:D
http://www.solutionsinmetal.com/

Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #5
WOP31

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Borracho
davidgarcia, talk to BierMuncher he is the resident pro keggle cutter..

Seriously, you can cut it your damn self. Dremmel, or tin snips.. You can also use a weld less bulk head fitting for the valve.. Search its all on here..

I really want to see a video of someone cutting a keg with tin snips.

OP if you do this please video tape it and put it up on youtube as an instructiional video.

Cheers

Old 11-29-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
Joker

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Orygun
Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts

I bet if you look for a welding shop and trade them some homebrew for the work you can get it done very easily.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 PM   #7
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Minnesota
Liked 61 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOP31

I really want to see a video of someone cutting a keg with tin snips.

OP if you do this please video tape it and put it up on youtube as an instructional video.

Cheers
+1

I'd love to see that!

Really, it's not that difficult to use a grinder. There are about 5 gazillion cheap angle grinders at the depot for about $40... cutting wheels are about 2 bucks a piece. Use the rim as a guide and work your way around. It's about the cheapest you'll get away with.

Speaking of a Gazillion; George Bush was reading a news story about three Brazillions killed in Iraq... In a panic he asked Cheney how many a brazillion was??? (I'm a Bush guy, but I love that joke)
Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Old 11-29-2007, 10:51 PM   #8
GarciasHomeBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Sacramento

thank you for the help i'm going to buy a die grinder at home depot and cut the keg this weekend.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:48 AM   #9
Funkenjaeger

Recipes 

May 2007
Nashua, NH
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgarcia
thank you for the help i'm going to buy a die grinder at home depot and cut the keg this weekend.
angle grinder

Old 11-30-2007, 02:47 AM   #10
WOP31

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

Read up on Converting a Keg a bit too, Remember to relieve the pressure and remove the ball lock and spear.

Cheers