• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Complete dual fermentation setup with heating and cooling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bemerritt

Reaction score
What you get:
2 - Visani wine refrigerators with thermostat bypassed. ($200 ea)
2 - ceramaic heaters ($15 ea)
2 - 6.5 gallon glass carboys ($30 ea)
1 - 5 gallon glass carboy ($30 ea)
1 - temp controller consisting of two stc 1000s, switches for auxiliary fans, and panel mounted power receptacles. All located in a custom aluminum box. (~$80)
-I'll also through in some airlocks for each carboy and my carboy brush, seeing as I won't have a use for them.

This is a full fermentation setup all done for you.

How you get it:
Can't imagine shipping this setup, so pickup only. If meeting somewhere halfway is a make or break, this can probably be arranged.

How much it is going to cost ya:
Adding up the above equates to $600. So I would like to get somewhat reasonably close to that. Obviously labor went into this, but I would never consider charging someone for something I had fun doing. I am forced to list a price, so that is the list price. I am open to reasonable offers.

Confidence booster:
This system has made me countless gallons of great beer. Ask anyone and they will say that fermentation temperature control is easily in the top 3 most important parts of brewing consistent beer. The benefit to this system is that you can do two brews at once to keep a steady flow

FAQ's
- So, why are you selling?
I recently upgraded to a 20 gallon jacketed conical with a glycol setup. Would like to spend this money on a new fridge and kegs to allow me to build up a solid pipeline

-What is the capacity?
Right now I use it for 2x5 gallon batches. But I have seen 12 gallon containers that will fit without modification. I believe they were stainless carboy-like solutions that I saw in the equipment section of this board

-Lagering? Cold crashing?
Yes! I have held 4*C fine with these suckers. I'm sure it could even get lower.

-Where are you located?
San Clemente, CA

Any other questions just ask. Here are two pics I have on hand, I can take more if need be.

auvq.jpg

j7op.jpg

It all fits nicely under my bench. And my OCD just had to have the fridges match.

2vws.jpg

Is that a BCS in the background?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Located in San Clemente, CA. I guess that is pretty important.

Not sure what you think is a BCS, but i don't think it is in this picture. Although, I am now a proud owner of a BCS 462 which will be handling all temp controlling duties.

Alright fellas, take this setup off my hands! All offers welcome.

assuming it will take a 6.5 carboy per fridge would you take $200

I can pick up tomorrow

So you still have it or has it sold???

"God is great, beer is good, & WOMEN are crazy!"
-Billy Currington
(modified by me)

Bump for the OP.

IMO a great deal. If I didn't already have one of my own I would jump on this.

What are the internal dimensions - ie largest vessel it can fit? Will the SSTech brew buckets fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Sent a message the other day, would like to arrange picking it up (if you still have it)... 951-218-1015
-Phil

"God is great, beer is good, & WOMEN are crazy!"
-Billy Currington
(modified by me)

Back