Homemade glycol system question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alucard1983

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this would work. If I get a water fountain pump like one out of a cat dish, and ran a hose up around the shanke would that keep it cooler then a fan blowing up on it. Been thinking about it for a while. I would have a plastic container containing the glycol and the pump on the chilling panel on the back, and just circulate it

I use a pond pump and a half glycol, half water solution to chill my 25 ft lines. I need a separate fridge to cool my glycol, won't work in my beer fridge.

Ya I was gonna seal it off with hit glue or silicone. There is no freezer in this online a cooling plate down the entire back of the bar fridge. I might be able to get some books riveted to the container to keep it on top of the cooling panel so I won't have far to go. That way I can use less glycol

I'm going to be building one of these soon. I'm going to use a sump pump to push the glycol/water mixture out. I'll have the pump in an ice chest reservoir. The only part I haven't solved yet is the cooling: not sure if I want to adapt a AC unit, an old mini fridge, aquarium chiller or a hydroponic chiller (readily available in my neck of the woods).

I've been considering using the top freezer portion of my kegerator as the cooling portion of a glycol system.

I was thinking about having a tote full if glycol/water solution with a submersible pond pump in the tote hooked up to a temp controller. I would also have the inlet and outlet lines going though the side of the freezer. Obviously I would seal the lines in and out of the freezer to limit as much cold air leakage as possible.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back