What are you drinking for New Year's? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > What are you drinking for New Year's?

Old 12-29-2005, 05:10 AM   #1
Oct 2005
columbia, MO

I have a bottle of 2004 Unibroue Terrible. I'm going to crack it early 'cause by midnight I'll be too to enjoy it. What is everyone else drinking?

I'm sure I'll also crack some of my leftover Ginger Chocolate Porter, but that's about all I have left of my HB's that are ready to drink.
Up next: Big Brew Off competition between me and Kaptain Karma as one team, and my two roommates as another--We'll be brewing Pale Ales with specifications on malts, hops, and total yeild to see who's version is better (and to end up with ten total gallons of great beer).
Also up soon: Belgian Dubbel
Primary: Grampa's Woodshed Apple Smoked Porter
Secondary: Zombiefoot California Common, Chocolate Strong Porter
Drinking: Seamus O'Drunkagan Irish Red, Humble Pie Imperial Stout, Capricorn IPA

Old 12-29-2005, 05:46 AM   #2
Oct 2005
Beautiful Beaumont, TX, TEXAS!!!!!!
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sam Adams Utopias 2004!
Why yes, yes I am a metrosexual!

On taps 1,2&3: Una Mas Cerveza, Ham in a Can, IPA
Primary: XINGU Clone, Rye P.A.
2ndary: Low Gluten IPA, Bourbon Oak Aged Vanilla Porter
Kegged: Sh*tty Orange Hefe, Una Mas Cerveza, Smokin Hot Blonde, Belgian Dubbel
Next up: Una Mas Cerveza, Pecan Pie

Old 12-29-2005, 06:41 AM   #3
Mar 2005
Midwest City, OK
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Whatever ORRELSE has on tap.
May you go marching in three-measure time
Dressed up as asses, drunk to the nines
Swing from the rafters, shouting those songs
Gone unsung for far too long

Old 12-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #4
The Happy Mug
Nov 2005
Beautiful Colorado, USA!

Man, it's been a long time, but from what I remember, Terrible lived up to its name.

I'll be drinking a lot of "just another golden ale" off tap from my party pig. My girl's parents have done up a great batch of rocky raccoon, and I plan to buy some nice stuff from Total Beverage, the liquor store that used to be a service merchandise.

Of course, I'll probably have a few bloody beers to keep my vitamin intake up (I like mine with V8 and Frank's extra hot sauce).

Of course, if I don't spend 10 bucks on a single bottle, it's just not new years.
Allergy Warning: This post was made by a person who may be nuts

From the store: Nothing right now, how sad
Up Next: Thinking about an amber rye
Secondary: "Not as Pale as Death" pale ale (since april, man I hate bottling.)
In bottles: Lager than Life Beer, Rocky Raccoon Honey Lager, A nameless Imperial Stout (my first AG!)

Old 12-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #5
DeRoux's Broux
Nov 2004
Beaumont, Texas
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

my Wee Heavy on tap, ESB on tap, we have a bottle of Sam Adam's Chocolate Bock, beersmith sent me a Hop Rod Rye, Racer 5 IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, an IPA, and his stout (though they probably won't make it to New Year's Eve!). don't know what everyone else will have to drink! ;~)
DeRoux's Broux

Old 12-29-2005, 03:37 PM   #6
Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 153 Times on 144 Posts

Golden Valley Brewing's methode champagne IPA VS Brut 2005.
Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 12-29-2005, 04:09 PM   #7
Will work for beer
Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 88 Times on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam75
Whatever ORRELSE has on tap.
Yeah, Smoked Porter!!! I can't wait!

For real though--I'll keep the Smoked Porter available for a while, but I'm cutting that off early. i don't want that sucker gone. I told everyone coming to BYOB.

For other stuff--I have the Michelob Celebrator and Bud Private Reserve, and then a good variety of other stuff.

I'm actually thinking of buying a case of High Life or Miller 1855 to drink during the "games". Sounds like we have a nice friendly game of A-hole planned again.
On Tap: Lake Walk Pale Ale -- Eternity (Raspberry Stout) -- Nutrocker -- Donnybrook Dark
Primary: Lake Walk Pale Ale
Secondary: Summit IPA
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Gone But Not Forgotten:

Old 12-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #8
Nov 2005

Originally Posted by ORRELSE
Sounds like we have a nice friendly game of A-hole planned again.
Noooiiiiiiccceee!!! I miss that game. Seems like my buddies always want to gamble now instead of the good 'ol drinking games. What a bunch of GD pantywastes! It's like I'm playing cards with my brothers kids or somethin . . .

I'll probably end up drinking swill on New Years. We usually end up going to a party down at the Elks Lodge - $20 cover and all the food and drink is free. I can drink a LOT of Bud Light for $20.

Old 12-29-2005, 06:43 PM   #9
Toilet Rocker
Jul 2005
near Asbury Park, NJ
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

I'll be drinking Guinness at the club where Black 47 will be jamming in Times Square.
I need to find time to brew more often.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #10
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
Jul 2005
Barony of Fuquay-Varina, NC
Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts

Bitch Creek ESB clone and my APA. Was planning on the chocolate jitters stout, as well, but my buddy hasn't kicked the keg I loaned him yet. I also brought back 3L of tequila from Mexico, so that'll get worked into the rotation at some point...