My BIAB brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanooo

Reaction score
I've been doing all grain with a home built three tier stand for about five years. I tried BIAB and I was hooked. So I sold my stand and built this. Single tier BIAB stand. 12 gallon pot, basic camp chef cooker on a custom platform with casters, push button igniter, march pump, counterflow chiller, inline home built thrumometer, and cam lock fittings from brewhardware. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390086233.799972.jpg

That's a good setup. I have been looking to something like this. Would you mind telling me about the set up and how you did it? I'm curious about the stand, what kind of pump and the chiller/lines. Thanks in advance. Great build!!!

I just made a 26" x 20" platform out of 2" square steel and a crossmember for the chiller to rest on. Welded some swivel caster to the bottom. I welded on four short pieces vertical on the platform so the legs to the cooker can slide into them. That way I can break it down if needed for storage or cleaning, or to take the cooker camping. The chiller can be found here. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004D50LO8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
The pump is a march 809-pl-hsc. The lines are high temp from the homebrew shop.
Here's a pic of the platform without the cooker. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390111965.956963.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm into this thrumometer less than ten bucks. A brass nipple, two hose fittings, and a fish tank thermometer. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390112187.790937.jpg

Thanks for the info. Where did you get 2" metal for the frame? I am not a welder nor do I have access to a welder. This is my biggest hurdle with getting my setup started. Any ideas? I like the idea of the fish tank temp nipple. I am guessing this gives the temp going out which is the temp of the wort?? It looks like you added a valve to the chiller. This must give you better control of flow? Sorry for all the questions but this exactly what I have imagined for my setup. I don't have a ton of room and I like the BIAB system versus the traditional way. I am building bar as we speak for my beer room. Here's a pic.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390139909.830046.jpg

I actually got the steel from my work, it was going out for recycling. The ball valve on the end of the chiller gives me control over the flow and outgoing temp. The slightest adjustment on that valve shows instantly on the temp gauge. If you don't have access to a welder Home Depot sells some channeling with predrilled holes That can be bolted together. I've seen brewstands built from that.

Back