Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Beerswap III: Yooper's Beers

Old 12-25-2007, 02:29 AM   #11
Kevin Dean
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorBrew
Top really blasted off the bottle and glass overflowed when poured. Settled down quickly and did not taste over carbed.
I didn't get any of Yooper's Brews (I REALLY need to join in these swaps) but the head on that looks like a little too much. Is head like that charactaristic of the Brown Ale style or is this excessive?

All in all it sounds like Yoop got some good reviews.

"What's your name? Well my mom calls me Son, and my cat calls me Meow, either will do." -- Sam Dodson of the Obscured Truth Network

Old 12-25-2007, 03:03 AM   #12
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 6208 Times on 4421 Posts
Likes Given: 1656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dean
I didn't get any of Yooper's Brews (I REALLY need to join in these swaps) but the head on that looks like a little too much. Is head like that charactaristic of the Brown Ale style or is this excessive?

All in all it sounds like Yoop got some good reviews.
No, that is definitely not "too style" for the head. I really have no idea why they are overcarbonated- I used my usual 4 ounces of priming sugar I believe, and I didn't bottle early. The ones here at home seem ok, but the ones that traveled seemed to really be overcarbed.

I'm glad you guys liked the beers- thanks for trying them!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 12-25-2007, 03:12 AM   #13
Kevin Dean

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew
I really have no idea why they are overcarbonated- I used my usual 4 ounces of priming sugar I believe, and I didn't bottle early. The ones here at home seem ok, but the ones that traveled seemed to really be overcarbed.
Awesome. Superior's review indicated that it didn't taste overcarbed, so perhaps it was agitation in shipping? Either way, that certainly does look like an awesome brew that I'm going to have to make soon.

Merry Christmas ya'll!

"What's your name? Well my mom calls me Son, and my cat calls me Meow, either will do." -- Sam Dodson of the Obscured Truth Network

Old 03-06-2008, 04:40 AM   #14
SuperiorBrew
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Dead Guy Clone

Nice pop when opened, i poured it into a pilsner glass and had to stop twice, but it was worth the wait just for extra time to smell all the hop aromas.

Nice amber color, nicely carbed, good head, that lasted all the way to the bottom with nice lacing.

I drank it a little on the cool side but it tasted great, I have never had the original so I cant help much there but I will be copying the recipe and brewing it soon. I did save an inch and let it warm a bit (had plans to let more warm up but had no willpower) then it tasted & smelled even hoppier and more of the crystal & munich showed through.

Great job Yooper!

Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #15
MULE
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've really enjoyed reading the reviews on this thread and find it a bit inspiring. Thanks

On Deck: LD's Summer Ales, LD's IIPA