Farmhouse Brewing Supply- Pittsburgh Store is Open!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I popped in today to see what you had and I was impressed. Hops prices were great and selection of the malts you have out is impressive.

I was able to get 4oz of Ahtanum for less than some charge for shipping.

I will be back.

I noticed that people can come in and buy grains and get them crushed at the same time. Can people email in grain bills and schedule a pickup?

Thanks again for the time and welcome to the neighborhood.

-t

Yes, you can email over a grain bill and i can get it together for ya.

Thanks for the kind word, hope to see you soon.

John

We were hoping to get a newsletter sent out before the questions about the Pittsburgh store started coming in but that was not the case. For the foreseeable future the Pittsburgh location will be closed. We we in the process of purchasing the building and ran into some issues and it curbed that transaction. We were on a month to month lease and the owner decided he wanted a longer commitment which we were not willing to do. The long and short of it was we needed a new space ASAP and with the end of the month so near it was impossible so we decided to just pack up and regroup until we can figure out a new plan. The overall health of our family and the company is paramount so this was the best decision for now.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out.

Congrats on the kid. That sucks that the location didn't work out. I stopped by once and had a great time just talking and was very happy about having all the hop and yeast (wyeast) choices in the 'burgh. Thanks for the awesome advice to use the CBC-1 yeast to drop a stuck fermation down a few extra points. Worked like a charm. Good luck with the new location and I am looking forward to seeing you open back up.

Bummed to hear the Pgh store won't happen for a while; I'm going to be moving back to the 'Burgh in the next year, and I would absolutely love to be able to pop in on such an awesome hop selection in person!

Any change to the status of the Pittsburgh store? I would love to start buying from you guys in person. :D

We are looking. That being said our first child is due any day now so it will still be at least a cpl moth if not longer. Sorry

I'm looking forward to hearing about this store opening back up. I'm a Pittsburgh native, but currently live a little further north. However, there's a possibility I'll be moving back within the year. It would be great to have a local shop to purchase supplies from.

I may be moving down to thw birth soon..hope you guys are up and running. .and congrats on the little one..hope mom and baby are both happy and healthy.Cheers!

Best wishes with the new addition! and I look forward to the reopening. I didn't get to the old store (because I didn't even know it existed until reading this post today).

Back