Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > I think I'm back...

Old 01-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Default I think I'm back...

Hello fellow brewers. I'm Rich. Not rich like I have a lot of money just Rich in name.
I'm not new here but haven't been around much lately just some daily lurking. I haven't brewed in over four years and I can't stand it anymore. I contemplated selling my equipment more than once due to storage issues but I never did. I'm going to work on modifying some things so it will work in my apartment. I much prefer all grain so it should be interesting. That is my first step. Second I think I will purchase BeerSmith. In the past I used Pro Mash which I liked but I think they have pretty much gone away. The computer that had Pro Mash loaded crashed a few years ago so I need a brewing application anyway. I would like to build a good recipe but one that is fairly straight forward for my first time back.

I've been watching Beer Geeks lately and I think that is what has pushed me to try and get back into my favorite hobby.

I can't wait! I swear brewing is in my blood and I'm just not right when I can't make beer.

People Like This 
Old 01-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
andhou27
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 29

If space is a probably you can always brew 1 gallon or 2.5 gallon batches. I know of people that brew all grain 1 gallon batches! Also I've been sticking with kits and waiting til I get enough confidence to make a crazy recipe, probably a 1 gallon though.

Future Brews: Honey Kolsch, Black IPA, Bourbon Barrel Porter, Assaazin Belgian Pale Ale
Past Brews: Irish Red Ale

Old 01-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
Wayne1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Welcome back, Rich.

Stop by Station 26 Brewing some time for a chat and some brews.

Cheers,
Wayne
RichBrewer Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 01:22 AM   #4
snowblind5150
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Glad you're getting back into it. Smaller batches could definitely be a great way to go with limited space.

A lot of homebrew suppliers have small kits that make use of Mr Beer fermenters. Good luck!

Old 01-03-2014, 01:30 AM   #5
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4965 Times on 2970 Posts
Likes Given: 4163

Noooob!

For those that don't know, RichBrewer used to be a mod here. I was given his old locker (I found the magazines... uh, yech).
People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Noooob!

For those that don't know, RichBrewer used to be a mod here. I was given his old locker (I found the magazines... uh, yech).
I thought I got rid of those! I hope the photos weren't in there!

Old 01-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #7
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Welcome back dude. I kind a feel for your situation....

I used to be totally into brewing where it was my whole life. It started when my wife had a bad miscarriage and was totally depressed. My wife resulted in doing nothing but TV and I brewing. My wife hated that I brewed and I hated the pop culture reality crap she watched. Back in 2009 I got laid off it happened to be a week before my son was born. I kept brewing for sanity or escape from real life. After getting a new job it made me dial back brewing. Mainly because I had to go dual residences since work was 6 hours from home and its a traveling job.

I'm still in the same situation several years later, but with a kid. I've been brewing just about every other month, in my 2nd home. Its an apartment. I've had to dial it back to extract and PMs. I would say that my current lifestyle doesn't let me live on HBT like it used to do. Not to mention, I tired of the same n00b questions after awhile. I've probably brewed every style I like to drink in the last 7 years. I'm not doing much for researching new beers. My time is HBT is nearly limited to responses on recipes.

Anyhow Welcome Back & Brew-On!

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|
RichBrewer Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
philipmeese
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Welcome back, Rich.

I just started last April and have found brewing to be a great personal creative outlet. It's an awesome feeling to quaff a delicious brew from your own efforts, and share that with friends.
RichBrewer Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #9
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 7

'm
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipmeese View Post
Welcome back, Rich.

I just started last April and have found brewing to be a great personal creative outlet. It's an awesome feeling to quaff a delicious brew from your own efforts, and share that with friends.
Very true, I feel that I cheating myself when I elect to buy beer vs brewing.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|
People Like This 
Old 01-09-2014, 03:42 AM   #10
1958Ken
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hey Rich don't worry about pro mash or Beer Smith check out brew 365.com they got tons of recipes a lot of good information to get you back into brewing and make you happy

RichBrewer Likes This