Flavorless kriek

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanders

Reaction score
Hey all, first post on this site. Been brewing for 2 years or so, switched to all grain 10 batches ago and love it. My question pertains to an extract dawsons kriek from Northern brewer. Brewed it 11 months ago, its been sitting on cherries for 10 months. Tried it about a month ago and its bland and pissy tasting. Looking for suggestions for ways to salvage this stuff. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T310 using Home Brew mobile app

Does the recipe tell you to let it sit on cherries for 10 months? I wonder if you've fermented out the majority of the flavor.
You could always add a fresh batch of cherries as previous, let it sit a month, and bottle. You could also add cherry flavor at bottling by cooking cherries in your bottling sugar solution at bottling, but would have to come up with an idea of the amount of sugar added from the cherries, or use cherry extract for flavoring.

Hey all, first post on this site. Been brewing for 2 years or so, switched to all grain 10 batches ago and love it. My question pertains to an extract dawsons kriek from Northern brewer. Brewed it 11 months ago, its been sitting on cherries for 10 months. Tried it about a month ago and its bland and pissy tasting. Looking for suggestions for ways to salvage this stuff. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T310 using Home Brew mobile app

Anything ever come of the Dawson's Kriek. About to brew the AG version myself... for giggles.

Back