Listen up Online suppliers - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Listen up Online suppliers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #21
Beerrific
 
Beerrific's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2007
Georgia
Posts: 5,562
Liked 54 Times on 46 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
The only online supply that I'm aware of who posts here has been very open about answering questions, even those buried within threads.
And they are very fast (same day) to answer e-mails that are sent to them.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #22
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Orfy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Posts: 11,732
Liked 94 Times on 62 Posts


This is not the online supplier's place of business.

If you have business communications it should be via their website. That would be the most sensible place to contact them.
__________________
GET THE GOBLIN
Have a beer on me.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #23
JnJ
Recipes 
 
Feb 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 823
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by orfy
This is not the online supplier's place of business.

If you have business communications it should be via their website. That would be the most sensible place to contact them.
Agreed, email them, don't depend on a PM on a forum they sometimes visit...................................
__________________
Töpperwein Brewery

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:42 PM   #24
srm775
Recipes 
 
Aug 2007
IL
Posts: 1,370
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCK
Guy sounds like a nut job if you ask me (no offense)

How can you not have access to a phone to make a free call

Stop whining
How can you call someone a nut job and then say "no offense?" That's all it is.

Read the thread. It's quite clear he's in the military, stationed in the middle east, and doesn't want to waste a phone call he could use to contact loved ones, to call a homebrew supplier, and isn't allowed to email a homebrew supplier. Therefore, he's trying a very round-about way of contacting them.

Don't get offended if they don't get your message, because you went through very unusual channels of communications to get ahold of this vendor.

Do yourself a favor and PM one of the mods with your question and ask them if they'll contact the vendor for you, I'll even do it if you need me to. I'm sure most of them would be willing to help out one of our service personnel.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:52 PM   #25
TUCK
 
TUCK's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2006
Kennesaw, Ga, Georgia
Posts: 322
Liked 21 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by srm775
How can you call someone a nut job and then say "no offense?" That's all it is.

True, the statement was out of line.

For the record: Him stationed somewhere was not clear to me at the time

I stand by my whining statement (all in good humor don't get your camo thong in a wad.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:43 AM   #26
Sherpa FE
The < 1% Club
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Sherpa FE's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Blairsville, Georgia
Posts: 815
Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts


I have added an apology to the original post.

I would like to say to all, that I am stationed in the sand box. I did not want to waste my own money calling an 800 number. I was not contacting the company to purchase items for brewing overseas, that would get me into big trouble.
I was asking very specific questions about that company's merchandise. I did not want to use official military e-mail to do so. The PM was the best way for me, and the vendor was online at the time of my PM. 2 weeks later still nothing.
I do not want to mention the name due to the fact, that I am almost positive that lots of other people here, like and have had no problems with the company. Therefore I did not want to make a statement directly to the company. Rather, this is my feeling about what happened, I guess more of a RANT, than anything.
I am not offended that they did not respond to me, I was just stating that I choose to take my future business elsewhere because of the lack of communication. I hold no ill feelings toward them at all.
I am sure it would not be ANY problem in the states at all, I would just pick up the phone, or drop an e-mail. If the PM was "lost" in cyber space then it really is just a RANT like I said in the beginning.

I have been serving my Country with pride for the last 18 years Sir, I can guarantee you, it is not whining. Although I probably am a little crazy, kinda goes with the territory.

I would like to thank everyone here for answering questions about brewing, and equipment, I think you all have literally saved me hundreds of dollars. I have never had a question go unanswered.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #27
JnJ
Recipes 
 
Feb 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 823
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa FE
I have added an apology to the original post.

I would like to say to all, that I am stationed in the sand box. I did not want to waste my own money calling an 800 number. I was not contacting the company to purchase items for brewing overseas, that would get me into big trouble.
I was asking very specific questions about that company's merchandise. I did not want to use official military e-mail to do so. The PM was the best way for me, and the vendor was online at the time of my PM. 2 weeks later still nothing.
I do not want to mention the name due to the fact, that I am almost positive that lots of other people here, like and have had no problems with the company. Therefore I did not want to make a statement directly to the company. Rather, this is my feeling about what happened, I guess more of a RANT, than anything.
I am not offended that they did not respond to me, I was just stating that I choose to take my future business elsewhere because of the lack of communication. I hold no ill feelings toward them at all.
I am sure it would not be ANY problem in the states at all, I would just pick up the phone, or drop an e-mail. If the PM was "lost" in cyber space then it really is just a RANT like I said in the beginning.

I have been serving my Country with pride for the last 18 years Sir, I can guarantee you, it is not whining. Although I probably am a little crazy, kinda goes with the territory.

I would like to thank everyone here for answering questions about brewing, and equipment, I think you all have literally saved me hundreds of dollars. I have never had a question go unanswered.
Well just get home safe and then brew your azz off. In the mean time I will raise a mug for you. 18 years, almost there. I retired at 20 years and 11 days. BTW, I know plenty of folks over there that use email for non-mission related purposes. If you like, I have a military email address (still work for the Army as a civilian) PM me and I'll send you my address and I can forward your questions for you.
__________________
Töpperwein Brewery

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #28
brewt00l
Recipes 
 
Dec 2006
Doylestown, PA
Posts: 3,725
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa FE
I am not offended that they did not respond to me, I was just stating that I choose to take my future business elsewhere because of the lack of communication. I hold no ill feelings toward them at all.
I can appreciate your difficulty in contacting them but you did select the worst method of communication with the vendor, a PM via a public forum they happen to belong to. Many vendors that post on public forums don't respond to PMs...some do. Course, it's entirely your choice not to patronize them as a result.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #29
RangerG
 
RangerG's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Naples, FL
Posts: 107

I wouldn't apologize. By posting those sort of complaints at a site like this it insures that the online suppliers will practice a culture of goodwill or lose business.

A particular supplier up north near a big midwwestern city by a big north to south lake, with a flashy website took my order and money three weeks ago and will not answer my e-mails. I'd call em but they don't have a telephone number posted at their website and the yellow pages numbers are disconnected. I did however contact one of their supporters/advertisers who assured me that they were in business and a thriving one at that. Guess having a telephone number for their customers would be too much trouble for them.

So far I've learned an expensive lesson: look for a telephone number first because if they don't have one on their site, that is likely a clear indication of the level of service they intend to give to their customers.

Per business school, for every PO'd customer - they tell about 27 others, I plan to tell even more - especially since the owners held themselves out on the site and have other businesses.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #30
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
 
Bobby_M's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Posts: 23,245
Liked 1695 Times on 1089 Posts


This is the second post where you're trying to call out a supplier for poor service/policy. I'm afraid I'm not getting the hint. If you have a bone to pick, post the url. Maybe they have a phone number and you've missed it. That's the only way we can help. Why be vague?

At first I thought maybe northernbrewer or midwestsupplies but they both have phone numbers clearly on their site.
__________________
Welcome to BrewHardware.com. I love you.
Corny Keg Dry Hop Canisters $26.50 for limited time
Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Online Homebrew suppliers mparmer General Beer Discussion 2 10-23-2009 01:23 PM
Online Suppliers ckyboy Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 5 10-17-2009 05:03 AM
Online beer suppliers Leedawggy78 General Beer Discussion 5 12-21-2007 03:28 AM
Favorite online suppliers? Hippie Equipment/Sanitation 17 12-12-2006 05:07 PM
Online Suppliers TheJadedDog Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 6 09-01-2006 06:02 PM


Forum Jump