Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > SCADA/HMI OpenAPC. - anybody with experience/knowledge?

Old 12-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
aamcle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default SCADA/HMI OpenAPC. - anybody with experience/knowledge?

Afternoon all.

I would like to use a PC for control of my Braumeister inspired build, preferably running OpenAPC as it has a built in PID and can switch relays via the parallel port avoiding the need for expensive hardware.

Now the problem, although I have been a Super User on a DCS and have a background in databases I'm just spinning my wheels trying to learn OpenAPC.

If you can help or suggest some reading to give me the right background I would very much appreciated it.

Many Thanks.

Aamcle

PS. All there is, is one ppt100, one heating element and a pump that runs on a cycle nine minutes on one minute off. The mash needs to ramp and step, heating only on when the pump is running.