Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Quirky Homebrew Store

Old 12-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
wheels5159
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Quirky Homebrew Store

New Homebrew store in Northglenn.

The owner is very knowledgable and has a lot of inventory at good prices. The best part is the store is open 7 days a week.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:13 AM   #2
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 106

I grew up in Northglenn so I think I would like to visit the store and see my old stomping grounds. It is out of my way as I live by Lowry but I think it might be a fun trip.
Thanks for the info!

http://www.quirkyhomebrew.com/

Old 03-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
bondra76
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Any idea what their grain price is? That's been my barometer as of late for pricing.

Barley Haven is in the lower $2.00/lb (maybe $2.15?) range. Brew Hut is at $1.85/lb. Don't know what the others are but I'm trying to check around occasionally.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #4
MileHighBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondra76 View Post
Any idea what their grain price is? That's been my barometer as of late for pricing.

Barley Haven is in the lower $2.00/lb (maybe $2.15?) range. Brew Hut is at $1.85/lb. Don't know what the others are but I'm trying to check around occasionally.
ranges from 1.75-2.50 depending on the grain. Greg carries 170-something grains at the moment, a lot of stuff you don't see often like MFB, Europemalt, Patagonia, and BestMalts, besides the regular Breiss/Weyerman/Rahr/etc. Forget how many hops he has now....in the 60-70 variety range. Yeast from Danstar, Fermentis, Mango Jack, Wyeast, White Labs, Gigayeast.

If he doesn't have it, he can pretty much get it. No special order fees. Internet prices without the shipping.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #5
Quirky-Homebrew-Supply
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

We are at 178 grains, 109 hops. Gigayeast, WYeast, White Labs and even Denver's own Inland Island Liquid Yeast! Plus all the dry yeast I can find.

Most all grains are under $2.00/lb and we even sell full bags at lower cost than what the old fashioned 'bulk buys' advertise-$47.95 gets you a 50lb of a base 2-row that is better than the Colorado 2-row! Rahr and Briess are under $50 a bag as well, English Maris Otter is typically around $67 a bag. Not everyone wants a full bag and our base 2-rows are as low as $1.49 and most are $1.75 or less.
Check us out at www.QuirkyHomebrew.com and under the beer page, on the right side, is a grain list and a hop list-I update it regularly but have to say, as I write this post, we have new hops and new grains. Meridian, Pride of Ringwood, Hull Melon and Avangard line.
And yes, we do our best to compete with online and there are no extra special order fees.
425 W 115th Ave #6
Northglenn CO 80234
303-457-3555
www.QuirkyHomebrew.com

---Support your local tap house and hombrew supply shop so you have a tap house to drink at and a homebrew store to shop at!---
People Like This 
Old 07-03-2014, 01:33 AM   #6
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4689 Times on 2790 Posts
Likes Given: 8478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky-Homebrew-Supply View Post
We are at 178 grains, 109 hops. Gigayeast, WYeast, White Labs and even Denver's own Inland Island Liquid Yeast! Plus all the dry yeast I can find.

Most all grans are under $2.00/lb and we even sell full bags at lower cost than what the old fashioned 'bulk buys' advertise-$47.95 gets you a 50lb of a base 2-row that is better than the Colorado 2-row! Rahr and Briess are under $50 a bag as well, English Maris Otter is typically around $67 a bag. Not everyone wants a full bag and our base 2-rows are as low as $1.49 and most are $1.75 or less.
Check us out at www.QuirkyHomebrew.com and under the beer page, on the right side, is a grain list and a hop list-I update it regularly but have to say, as I write this post, we have new hops and new grains. Meridian, Pride of Ringwood, Hull Melon and Avangard line.
And yes, we do our best to compete with online and there are no extra special order fees.
you oughta be in my area instead. hahahhaa!!
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"

Old 07-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #7
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 106

I need to get up there before my next brewing session!

Old 08-02-2014, 01:45 AM   #8
doobliebop
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quirky's is easily the best homebrew store in the state at this point. We're lucky to have them!

Old 08-02-2014, 02:05 AM   #9
Quirky-Homebrew-Supply
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks doobliebop! We are still growing and expanding! As your Denver Metro Homebrew Super Store we are looking to carry it all and be internet competitive. A big goal, we admit, but our goal it is. Seldom a week goes by without us adding a few new products. Thanks for the support and keep spreading the word so we keep growing!
425 W 115th Ave #6
Northglenn CO 80234
303-457-3555
www.QuirkyHomebrew.com

---Support your local tap house and hombrew supply shop so you have a tap house to drink at and a homebrew store to shop at!---

Old 08-02-2014, 05:13 AM   #10
Backslide
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I'm driving up from Colorado springs tomorrow. Can't wait.