Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Idaho HomeBrew Forum > Brewer's Haven
Old 02-05-2014, 06:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Liked 61 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I love nampa brewers and would highly recommend that everyone in the area goes there. A local business ran by a person that opened a shop for the love of the hobby. Not just to make money.
As far as brewers haven, I have been in there a few times to get beer, but that's it. The one time I did go in there, I needed a few little things and deb was out. The person that helped me didn't even know what a bung was. Basically knows how the register works and that's it. I could have just had a bad experiance, but it seems that there employees don't really know much about home brewing. They just work there. Deb on the other had, knows her stuff.

On another mentioned note, the albertsons on 12th across from walmart has a great selection of single 22 oz craft beers anywhere from $2 to $20 a bottle.

Cottonwood Brewery
Fermenters: beer and cider
Bottled: lots of beer and cider :)
"BEER....The cause of, and solution too, all of life's problems"
MarsingRedneck Likes This 
Old 02-05-2014, 09:46 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 28 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Have to agree with ^^^^ on debs but I think his assessment is somewhat correct on brewers haven. There is just a few people there that knows whats going on and they do have a decent beer selection.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app
Old 03-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Old posts but wanted to jump in. I used to live in Caldwell and bought my starter kit from Deb in 2002. Now living in Northern Utah the closest home brew shop is 80 miles away. I visited brewer's haven when we visited for Christmas. There stock of micros was pretty impressive, or maybe I have just lived in Utah too long.
In Primary: American Wheat
Secondary: Mead
Keg: VandalEyes PA
Bottles: Harry Porter and Rosemary Harry Porter