Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Idaho HomeBrew Forum > Brewer's Haven

Old 12-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
MarsingRedneck
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default Brewer's Haven

Has anyone visited or know anything about Brewers Haven on 12th Ave in Nampa, ID? Just discovered it today when I took the wife to the bank. For me, it beats going to Boise for supplies/equipment. I asked the guy behind the counter when they opened and he said about 5 months ago and he said they are still trying to get the word out. I picked up a case of bottles and a 4 pack of cold Grolsh when I was there. Seems they had a big supply of micro's brews in the fridge and even an area you could sit down and have a cold one.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
eluterio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Yeah ive been there before not to bad but theres also Nampa Brew Center thats been there for 18 plus years. Lady there is Deb who owns it and very nice. She has some items that are less expensive then Brewers Haven without the beer selection.

http://www.nampabrewers.com/

Its really down the road from where the new Brewers Haven shop is at. I highly recommend visiting her at least once.

Cheers!

From Ontario

MarsingRedneck Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
djfriesen
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I definitely reccomend Deb over at Nampa Brewer's Center, with the caveat that I haven't actually gone anywhere else to purchase supplies.

She has great service, will special order any ingredients or equipment she doesn't carry (I've had to do this once in 2+ years of brewing),and will even mill your grain for you. She takes orders over the phone, and can have stuff ready for pick-up, if you're running low on time. Overall, a great place to go, and a cool local business to support.

OT:
I have been in that particular Brewer's Haven once, as I was looking for some sour beers to drink so I could pitch the dregs into my first sour batch. They seem to have a decent selection, as far as the Treasure Valley is concerned, and the prices were just about on par with other places I've been (This is on commercial beer, mind you. I haven't priced their homebrewing supplies).
eluterio Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
eluterio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I have to agree with ^^^^^ on the beer selection. There isnt much around here. If you in a pinch and need something and Deb doesn't have it is the only time Ive gone to Homebrewstuff and Brewers Haven.

Deb will also take orders by email. I know shes a busy lady and I plan my brew days way in advance. I email her at the beginning of the month of what I want and give her a tentative date on when Ill be there. When time gets closer I email the week before to confirm what Im wanting. The Major reason why I do it this to get the yeast you want. Sometimes she wont have it in stock and will have to order it. or if she does have it she will put your name on it and put it aside.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
MarsingRedneck
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Is Nampa Brewer's Center the one where it looks like someone is working out of their house? I'm just learning about what is out here and I dove by a house I thought said home brew or some such on it.
Thanks

Old 12-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
eluterio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsingRedneck View Post
Is Nampa Brewer's Center the one where it looks like someone is working out of their house? I'm just learning about what is out here and I dove by a house I thought said home brew or some such on it.
Thanks
yup its close to a new catholic church 115 S Westwood Blvd, Nampa, ID 83686

Old 12-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
MarsingRedneck
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluterio View Post
yup its close to a new catholic church 115 S Westwood Blvd, Nampa, ID 83686
Ok, got it. So I can just walk up to the house, ring the bell and ask if I can look around? Sorry for all the questions just never been there.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
eluterio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsingRedneck View Post
Ok, got it. So I can just walk up to the house, ring the bell and ask if I can look around? Sorry for all the questions just never been there.
When you pull up to her place she made the main entrance from her garage door. It has an open sign on it. You walk through the door towards the back is the rest of her shop. Tell her that Ted said hello and helped with picking her place. Shes a sweet lady and extremely helpful. She also has 18 years of experience and will also pull up recipes for you.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
MarsingRedneck
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluterio View Post
When you pull up to her place she made the main entrance from her garage door. It has an open sign on it. You walk through the door towards the back is the rest of her shop. Tell her that Ted said hello and helped with picking her place. Shes a sweet lady and extremely helpful. She also has 18 years of experience and will also pull up recipes for you.
I went there today before I read your post. I needed a part for my brew kettle. 1st I went to Brewers haven but then didn't have it. Then I thought I'll see if Nampa Brewers might have it. Sure enough she did have it and it was cheaper then anywhere else I checked. She is everything you say and was VERY helpful and I plan to do more business with her maybe as soon as tomorrow if a particular wYeast comes in for a Honey ale
Thanks to all who recommended her place.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #10
eluterio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Outstanding