QUICK LINKS (IF YOU'RE NEW TO THREAD):
1) Start Building the Brewery Area (keep scrolling down!)
2) Brewery Area finished (Click Here!
3) Cutting the Control Panel Enclosure (Click Here!
4) Populating the Control Panel Door (Click Here!
5) Starting wiring the Control Panel (Click Here!
6) Labeling the Control Panel (Click Here!
7) Control Panel completed! (Click Here!
8) Plumbing the Clean-Up Area, Filter, Wort Chiller. (Click Here!
So, we started building a Kal inspired 3-pot E-herms brewery in my basement-shop this weekend. My brother and I got started framing out the work area and the sink with the plans to have a place to start setting up the electric equipment in the coming weeks.
I'm trying to document the build along the way, so this is what the space looked like when we started (the white is just insulation tacked to the basement wall by the builder when we bought the house). This served as my CNC Router area for a while, but is now going to be the brewery/kegerator area!
Brother and my dog taking down the insulation footer boards.
Cutting and rolling the existing insulation for reuse:
Bare Walls, with my 220v plug for the panel:
Me, Putting up the new moisture barrier/hard foam insulation:
Letting the adhesive set up:
Installing the pressure treated base board for the wall. We used a Ballistic Nailer to attach it, and that was a blast... no pun intended. Found that the nails were a bit short, so we did end up using more than would normally be necessary to firmly secure it.
More to come...