• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Keezer for Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A_C

Reaction score
In Southern California. Check it out - she's a beauty.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/for/4215843004.html

taproom.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

Looks nice but $700 seems a bit steep.

Good luck,

Fridge 250, pearl 525SS x3 +1 575SS creamer=120 // 370, 4 SS shanks w/ tail pieces x4 =$60 //470, 20lb co2 $40..$510, co2 reg $20//$530, A419 $60 //$590, castors $15 //$605, 19" drip tray $30//$630, 4 sets ball lock gas+Liquid connects $~40 //$670

So is $700 fair? Yea I'd say so given i'm not counting the wood, stain, tubing, SS clamps, or faucet black tap handles or screws to make it.

Mind you these are based off numbers I have paid for items and seen sell for on HBT. YMMV

That price breakdown above is pretty close, but I'll break it down. It ended up costing more than I thought it would when I started. I bought everything new (except the CO2 tank).

Fridge: $250
Kegerator fridge kit (from kegconnection with upgrades mentioned): >$300
Johnson A419: $75
Drip Tray: $25
4" casters with brakes: $15 each for $60 total
20lb CO2 Tank: $40
Wood + stain + nails + epoxy + paint: $50

Total: $800

Labor: PRICELESS!!!

Yeah, it's fairly priced if new, but I prefer to look for deals where used stuff goes for about half of new value- that's just my kind of fair!

Best,

I hear ya. Definitely not trying to sell her for a steal though.

These things are more difficult to build than it would seem, so I am pricing in the labor/***** factor!

I didn't realize it was a fellow homebrewer's project, but rather an opportunity to obtain!

Just throwing out a little bit of advice to my fellow CA brewers there and what I look for on CL ads. You know there are some deals out there as brought up on the other thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/best-craigslist-find-ever-history-homebrewing-443748/#post5699982

Good luck on your sale!

I hear ya. Definitely not trying to sell her for a steal though.

These things are more difficult to build than it would seem, so I am pricing in the labor/***** factor!

You might be better off selling in pieces. My guess is most people want the freezer for $50. Your labor you're going to have to eat.

It's a nice kegerator though. I have a very similar white version without castors. Still thinking of adding them. Good luck!

To those of you who have not built a keezer yet, you just do not understand how much time it really takes to get it "Just right".

These freezers are r134A, and like 80$ to refill with freon if there is a leak, the fans can be replaced with muffin fans, and the temp sensor can be replaced with a johnson/ranco.... so they will live for quite a while.

OP, best bet would be to list it on craigslist, these guys (myself included... im a HUGE cheapskate) are cheapskates and want everything parted out :)

Just thought I would put this out here. There has been some issues with following the rules and He shoudlbe able to sell it for whatever he wants

The rules of the Classified is No disparaging remarks are allowed in a Classified thread. If you think someone's goods are junk, priced to high, etc, keep it to yourself. No one is forcing you to buy anything and the market will take care of itself. Neither is a Classified thread normally a good place to carry on an extended discussion. It is not a typical thread but is someone's advertisement, and you should be extra-respectful of a Classifieds thread.

Well, I sold it for $750 with four cornies included. So I guess that's the market price! :mug:

Back