apple banana cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randzor

Reaction score
So there I was at the local supermarket and noticed that there was an apple banana strawberry apple juice concentrate. Usually I will take three of these cans and add it to my normal cider recipe to get a flavored cider. My big question is, has anyone tried these flavors in a cider before? And if so, did it turn out to be worth your time?

I'd try a small batch, like a 1/2-1gal. I'm currently trying out a 1/2gal ferment of some apple berry cherry(berries of the blue- and straw- variety if the label pictures are to be believed) with a bit of S-04 off the top of my main batch of Graham's Dry English Cider.

I used store bought Apple Mango Banana juice. I used Nottingham yeast which really dried it out. I did age for quite a while in secondary. Next time I would add less sugar because my ABV finished around 11%.
It smells delicious and tastes blander than it smells. However the taste grows on you... and packs a helluva punch...

Recipe:
Apple Mango Banana Cider - AMB

Pitched 1725 - 02/11/2012 into glass carboy.

4.8L Berri Apple & Pear
19.2 L Berri Apple Mango Banana
1 kg dark brown sugar
1 kg Brew Enhancer 2
3 tsp Yeast Nutrient
OG - 1085

Nottingham Yeast rehydrated per instructions.

27 NOV 2012 - 1930
Racked onto 25g pectinol
Topped with 2.4L Berri Apple Juice
No gravity reading taken.

I bottled some months later and still have a few left.

Back