When did you consider yourself a homebrewer? - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > When did you consider yourself a homebrewer?

Old 11-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #21
Dec 2012
Gainesville, Georgia
Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts

For me, I think it was when I woke up for work at 4am and RAN to my fermentor to sniff the airlock of my first batch the day after I pitched

Old 11-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #22
HBT Berry Puncher
Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Liked 5908 Times on 3474 Posts

June 4th, 1923
There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?
Originally Posted by Helen Williams View Post
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #23
Dec 2012
Dublin, CA
Liked 187 Times on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar View Post

This me to the Tee! I was hooked the first brew day. Brewing is just one more of my DIY hobby/skills.
Actually, it's not really a hobby -- it's part of your post-apocalyptic skill set. ;-)

Colorowdy Likes This 
Old 11-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #24
Apr 2013
Rio Rancho, NM
Liked 55 Times on 33 Posts

The day my kit arrived and I started brewing. I was completely hooked when I had brewed my first 2 batches and hadn't tasted either one due to being pregnant.
Up Next: Mexican Cerveza and some generic Pilsner.
Primary: Empty. I must fix this issue.
Bottle Conditioning: Oatmeal Stout
Drinking: English Nut Brown Ale
Drinking: Irish Red Ale

Find me on Untappd: CelticDevilDog

"Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer." - Beer Advocate

Old 11-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #25
Aug 2013
Oswego, IL
Liked 52 Times on 32 Posts

The day I finally started understanding all the different terms in brewing.

(still some anagrams I haven't figured out yet... but once I find what they stand for the understanding is there)

This was only about a year ago now that I brewed my first 1 gallon kit. About two months after that I brewed my first 5 gallon kit and it was all downhill from there...

Now with [email protected] gallon glass carboys, [email protected] gallon glass carboy, [email protected] gallon bottling bucket, 10 gallon brew kettle, 2 kegorators (3 taps total), [email protected] gallon ball lock keg, [email protected] gallon pin lock keg, multiple cappers (Think i am up to 3 now), a very large and still growing bottle collection. And enough beer in the pipeline to last me the next 6-7 months.

And yet... plenty more to buy...
Untapped user name: Renegades_Brew

I have so much brewed that I have run out of storage space. I need some friends to come over and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #26
Oct 2010
Terryville, CT
Liked 97 Times on 75 Posts

I considered myself a home brewer when I brewed my first batch of beer... at home... I'm also a home vintner for similar reasons.
Fermenting: Apfelwein x2
On Tap: apfelwein, coffee porter, IPA, Very Pale Ale
Up Next: fix/replace the keezer
Updated: 6-16-2016
"There's only so much wine you can drink in one life, but it will never be enough to save you from the bottom of your glass" - The Handsome Family