This is a Sour Beer swap only! To join, you must have access to local/regional sour beer producers. I realize not everyone will be able to join because of this, but that is why this is a small offshoot of TheMan’s swap-o-rama. For a more inclusive swap, stay tuned for the swap-o-rama 6 from TheMan. Speaking of TheMan, thanks to him for letting this blatant copy of his idea take place. He came up with the format and I figured, why reinvent the wheel...
Here are the rules for the swap
- Total volume minimum is 66 oz of sour beer.
- At least 44 oz must be local/regional sour beer (or at least not distributed to your recipient’s state, use www.seekabrew.com
to see what your recipient’s distro is)
- The remaining 22+ oz is your choice, but ideally a personal favorite of yours (does not need to be local/regional)
-Sour beer only. These beers should have souring yeasts/bacteria such as Lactobacillus, Brettanomyces, acetobacter or Pediococcus. Take a look and understand the differences between category 17 and categories 16 & 18.
- Extra beer, brewery swag, or other weird regional staples are optional but encouraged.
-PM me your tracking info when shipped!
- You are to ship your box BY December 10th
(I will have you your address by Nov. 25). That is two weeks to buy and ship.
- 100 post minimum to be eligible.
NEW MEMBER CLAUSE:
- I will allow 3 exemptions to this so as to allow some newer members entry. However, if you are one of the 3 under the 100 post minimum you will be expected to ship first. The member with your address will not ship until we have word that your package has landed safely. (If you are shipping to someone with over 100 posts you will ship as soon as you have your package ready, like normal)
To get in on the goods!:
When you post that you are in, PM me your name and address. You’re in.
I will cap this at 20 participants or whatever we have on Monday morning (Nov. 25), whichever we hit first. Once I have a list of all participants I will then randomly select who ships beer to who. You won't necessarily be shipping to the person that is shipping to you.
Once I have my list of who ships where, I'll pm each person their address. Keep this secret, it'll make it more fun! You will then be expected to ship your beer, abiding by the rules above. Please pm me your tracking number when shipped. We will all post our awesome hauls when received and enjoy!
Also, don't forget to leave iTrader feedback.
The forum is not responsible for anyone that abuses this swap, we all take equal risk in participating.
Let me know if you have any questions.
4. Ivegot2legs - newbie spot #1