Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > Brutus brewtroller N00b inquiry

Old 11-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
HerrHiller
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brutus brewtroller N00b inquiry

Hey guys,
my name is Jon. I have been in the brewing world for about 7-8 years now. about 4 years ago, I bought the pieces for a Brutus 10 Build http://www.alenuts.com/brutus.htm

I provided that link just in case not everyone is familiar with the setup. I have the frame built, and keggles ready. I have all of the temp controllers, pumps, and everything else needed to finish the build. Then I had a kid, and got laid off and have really had the time or money to brew. I lost my Mojo, and never finished the project, and I haven't brewed now in like 1.5 years. I now have a pretty good paying job again; but with my hours and the kid, I still find it hard to go out and brew. Also it kinda sucks for Ohio Winters.

Now let me get to the point. This spikes my interests. I would love to set up a fully automated system, and hook it to the internet. This way I could control my brutus from in the house with my daughter. I'm wondering what parts I would need. Ideally I'd like to use the LOVE temp controllers I already own, and add the pieces I'd need. I realize I'd need another temp controller, and some more ASCO valves as well.

Some more details of what I'd like to do. If I go this route, I'd like to also have the volumes measured. I picture it all being Hard Plumbed

How much money am I looking at spending here total? and can someone give me a general Inventory List of what I'd need?

Also one last question. I am a Sanitation Foreman in a food processing plant, so I'm always thinking about the sanitation aspects. at my Job we run a caustic cycle through the kettles and heat them up, and purge. I may not use caustic perse, but I would us some chemical like this. I already have a chemical titrator from Lafferty. Here is where the question comes in. I haven't really fully seen the OS and what all you can do with it. is there anyway to have a default clean cycle setup? where say I have a separate hose coming in that send in properly titrated cleaner, heats it up, and transfers it back and forth between the kettles, then empties it into a floor drain or something?

I'd also like to take that control panel metal piece that already exists on the brutus frame and modify it slightly with a few more switches, maybe an e-stop and definitely the DIN LCD screen. I'd like to make it look as professional as i could while not really investing too much in that aspect of it.

thanks I am pretty n00b when it comes to this automation setup stuff...

-Jon

Old 12-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
Bigdaddyale
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 117

PotatoChip,
There are some pretty good threads in this heading.