Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Andeli circuit breakers for eBrewing controller questions

Old 11-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
DavidD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Andeli circuit breakers for eBrewing controller questions

For the past few months, I have been researching building an new electric brewing setup on here and all the information is great. My goal is to have a 240v setup, single element (Camco 5500W) in a converted keg, and either BIAB single-vessel or use my existing cooler mash tun and the keg.

A couple questions I had regarding using circuit breakers in the brewing controller (which I hope to be quite simple but is still in the planning stage):

- I have seen the Andeli brand (mini?) circuit breakers in a few people's controllers but where can these be purchased?
(I've checked Amazon, eBay and the company's website www.andeligroup.com doesn't sell directly)
***link for miniature circuit breakers from Andeli: http://www.andeligroup.com/Miniature...eaker-l11.html

- What specific breakers should be used? (I know this will depend upon the complexity/specifics, but any initial suggestions?)
- Also, how are these being mounted in a controller? Might be easy when you have it but I couldn't tell by pictures

Let me know if you need more specifics on my end goal with the controller. I may be missing obvious places to check but wanted to throw this out there.

Thanks.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
stlbeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 92

Automation Direct has UL-489 Miniature breakers. These are DIN mounted on DIN rail. Mount the rail to the panel backplane then snap the breaker into the rail.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/...rcuit_Breakers

After looking at the Andeli web home page "Contact Us" tab, there looks to be a chat you can open for the Oceana & Americas sales teams. Maybe they can help.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
DavidD
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thank you for the response, that information definitely helped me out. I appreciate it. I meant to post this reply sooner, but hadn't gotten to it yet. Thanks again.