Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > Planning out my automated 10G electric brewery
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #21
jCOSbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 628
Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

You might be able to simplify your design by using 30-50amp 220vAC power from the panel in your garage. By the time you add the cost of the 3x power cables, 3x contactors, and extra elements it might be comparable to adding the 220v GFCI breaker. Also make sure your existing outlets are all GFCI if you stick w/ 110v.


jCOSbrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
RiverCityBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 799
Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCOSbrew View Post
You might be able to simplify your design by using 30-50amp 220vAC power from the panel in your garage. By the time you add the cost of the 3x power cables, 3x contactors, and extra elements it might be comparable to adding the 220v GFCI breaker. Also make sure your existing outlets are all GFCI if you stick w/ 110v.
I think that the OP is in an apartment, and is likely not able to make electrical changes to the property.


RiverCityBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #23
thefost
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 334
Liked 62 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityBrewer View Post
I think that the OP is in an apartment, and is likely not able to make electrical changes to the property.
Exactly


So I've been wiring this thing up a bit. I think once it's finished I might win the award for messiest HBT control panel
Click image for larger version

Name:	jAXHxOWHjwJVHrnNi7hYyoruQavftpHLiAbjs3g4xCk=w912-h684.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	169231  
thefost is online now
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
jpalarchio
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Holly, MI
Posts: 562
Liked 50 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefost View Post
So I've been wiring this thing up a bit. I think once it's finished I might win the award for messiest HBT control panel
Looks a bit unsafe...
jpalarchio is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #25
crane
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 437
Liked 52 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalarchio View Post
Looks a bit unsafe...

+1. And impossible to troubleshoot if it doesn't all work right away. With that kind of messy wiring my bets are on it not being 100% fully functional first time it's powered on.
crane is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #26
thefost
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 334
Liked 62 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Strangely enough, it's actually fully working! Finished up my wiring and tested it out and everything seems to work just fine. This box is just too small for my design, so after testing it out and working out the kinks I'm going to move to a larger, much cleaner box =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane View Post
+1. And impossible to troubleshoot if it doesn't all work right away. With that kind of messy wiring my bets are on it not being 100% fully functional first time it's powered on.


thefost is online now
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Craigslist - 10G All-grain Automated Electric Brewery System, Kegerator -Not mine Caboth For Sale 14 05-13-2011 04:40 PM
Planning an automated Sankey wash station Budzu Cleaners (keg, carboy, lines, etc) 12 02-11-2011 09:16 AM
1 Gal Automated Electric Brewery G-Lover Brew Stands 3 11-03-2010 01:41 AM
Planning electric brewery, wiring help Maltose Brew Stands 7 10-03-2010 05:47 PM
Sold - Planning a 20 gallon electric brewery? Stainless Steel tanks with windows. Brewsink? TXCrash For Sale 8 08-18-2010 01:43 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS