Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > NEW 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs Class 2's IN STOCK!

Old 02-13-2014, 12:38 AM   #21
rappell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Use a 7/8 deep well socket. I snapped off the bottom ring on the springs with a pair of snips and put them back in, works like a champ.....

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Old 06-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #22
wasitim
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I've placed a few orders for these. I think we're up to around 18 of them now. Great price and they arrived quickly.

I too have had issues with the QDs being hard to get on. I keep a bottle with some soapy water and just give them a spray and it seems to help, but I'll try the spring approach.

I'm having one other issue though. In my first order, I had one keg where I couldn't get the out post back on after cleaning it. I ended up stripping the threads a bit. I probably put the out connector on the in post (noob at the time).

So we have a process now where things get marked and matched back up. This weekend, I cleaned up 6 new ones. I have two kegs where I can't screw the fittings on the out post. They get started and then stop. Since I kinda trashed one already, I didn't go any further. I rifled through all six of the ones I cleaned and none of them would go back on these two. The gas fitting will easily screw on either side. I sent an email to Beverage Element for some help. I'll post back here what I get for a reply. I obviously don't want to force these things on and strip them. I searched high and low for a die or thread chaser and couldn't find one for the odd size. I also had a machinist buddy look for one with no luck.

Hopefully all will end well.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #23
laxsoccerguy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

How about the "in" post? Anybody having a difficult time connecting a quick disconnect to the inpost? no matter how hard i push down, it doesn't actually connect.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #24
wasitim
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Have you tried the soapy water spray or cutting the spring a bit?

Old 06-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #25
primozz
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxsoccerguy View Post
Anybody having a difficult time connecting a quick disconnect to the inpost?
Yep. Both in and out side springs were too long on both kegs I bought from them. When I took the kegs apart to see why my QDs wouldn't snap on, I found the springs were ground down to a razor-sharp edge in an attempt to reduce their size ... Cutting them solved the problem but I ended up buying a few universal poppets for them instead.

Talking with the company, they knew this was a problem and they said they were going to send me some replacement springs - which they never did.

I see most people seem happy with these kegs but, if I were to do it again, I would try to find another source.
Keg 3: Ordinary Bitter
Keg 4: Dark Mild

Untappd: https://untappd.com/user/primozz

Old 06-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #26
wasitim
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

So none of you folks have had the issue where the post won't screw back on to the out threads? I have a couple kegs now where I can't get the post to go back on even with no spring or tube in place. It makes a turn or two and then stops. I don't want to force them and am waiting for a reply from the company. I have 6 more still in the box and am pretty concerned with the issue.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #27
wasitim
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Good Response

Late in getting back to this.

I hooked up with the folks at Keg Connection and sent them some pictures of the threads on the keg. After looking at them, they were happy to replace the kegs that I was having an issue with.

Great service and I'll definitely be doing business with them again. Having problems with something you buy over the internet is something we all deal with. How the vendor deals with it makes all the difference in the world and these guys are top notch at customer service.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #28
laxsoccerguy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Ya, this problem is just a huge issue still. Even after filing down the springs it has done nothing for me. I'm pretty disappointed with these kegs as i'm not sure How I can go about fixing this problem now.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #29
rappell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Did you try snipping off one ring of the spring? That's what I did and they have worked perfect since.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Old 10-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #30
mesa4234
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It looks like these are down to 52.95 on their website. Used kegs are also on sale, down to 59.95

Bottled: Abbey Dubbel, Sorachi Saison
Keg 1: Empty
Keg 2: Empty