Having problems with your "Brand X" 15" False Bottom bowing or even collapsing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been getting massive phone calls from people having problems with their "Brand X" 15" false bottom collapsing, the spot welds breaking and the edges bending, asking what they can do to salvage it. I am ONLY posting this because I got 2 phone calls today alone in the store from people that bought a "Brand X" false bottom and have started having trouble.

We have been selling the level 1 stand for our TIG welded 15" false bottom systems and MAN what a killer addition to an already great system. I came up with a notched level 1 stand that you guys can use to solve your 15" false bottom woes. You know what they say, necessity is the mother of invention! What this is, is a Jaybird level 1 stand that I notched to accommodate your hinges facing down. The GREAT thing about this stand is not only will it solve your bowing or collapsing issues but it will also add an extra level of filtration to your system and stop a BOAT LOAD more grain from getting in your pump when you fire it up. We also have customers using this level 1 in their boil kettle under their 15" systems as well to stop hops and trub from getting in the fermenter.

I put it on sale for a while to help you guys out with your systems.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/product754.html

If you have questions, let me know.

Cheers
Jay

That's really cool, and not only that your products work. You really do get what you pay for.

Jay, I wish I were in the market for one. I'm slowed down on brewing for a little while, in the middle of a move. I look forward to buying this false bottom from you soon because your products are high quality and well priced.

Cheers! Keep up the great work. I look forward to the future. Thanks for giving us home brewers quality products at great prices.

Dan

So much so, I need another one... Got any scratch and dent's??? hehe
HA HA HA I really don't. but we are offering a KILLER HBT promo right now. You get a 15" reversed hinge level 1 with handle shipped priority for $104.90

Jay, I wish I were in the market for one. I'm slowed down on brewing for a little while, in the middle of a move. I look forward to buying this false bottom from you soon because your products are high quality and well priced.

Cheers! Keep up the great work. I look forward to the future. Thanks for giving us home brewers quality products at great prices.

Dan

Thanks Dan I really like hearing that man! I do take great pride in building them.

Where you moving to?

Cheers
Jay

Jaybird said:
HA HA HA I really don't. but we are offering a KILLER HBT promo right now. You get a 15" reversed hinge level 1 with handle shipped priority for $104.90 Thanks Dan I really like hearing that man! I do take great pride in building them. Where you moving to? Cheers Jay

Hawaii

Jaybird said:
WOW Dan That's KILLER man! Good for you! Living in paradise huh? Jealous for sure!! Cheers Jay

Thanks Jay. It's a nice place for sure. I'm going to miss the mainland though. I guess that's why they make airplanes. :)

Will these work with a flipped keg? I have a keg with the bottom cut out and a tri-clamp on the top. I have had the false bottom for years but it's starting to bow a little. Still works great though.

Jeff

Back