Any brewers in the Conway Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estricklin

Reaction score
I live near Morrilton and am looking to find some brewing buddies or maybe even start a homebrew club. Our area is significant enough to have one I'd say. If Fayetville and Fort Smith can, we should too!

Hey there!
Springhill area for me. I am currently in Afghanistan but I would be interested in meeting up with some fellow home brewers! I can give you a shout before I make my next trip home if your interested. I would absolutely enjoy joining a group of brewers. Sounds like fun and I would be in!! I'll make a trip home in 8 weeks or so and be home for good in 6 to 8 months!

Hey there!
Springhill area for me. I am currently in Afghanistan but I would be interested in meeting up with some fellow home brewers! I can give you a shout before I make my next trip home if your interested. I would absolutely enjoy joining a group of brewers. Sounds like fun and I would be in!! I'll make a trip home in 8 weeks or so and be home for good in 6 to 8 months!

Hey man sorry I took so long to get back to you, definately give me a shout when you get in! I live near Peti Jean Mountain, I currently brew on a 5 gallon all grain single infusion system but am putting together an all electric 15 gallon system. I have a kegging system too, and I have lots of extra equipment if you want to get into all grain. I'd love to have some group brews or just hang out and swap some homebrews. I also make wine, mead and cider. I have a fruit press too for when I can find some super cheap, or free fruit to press.

Good to hear back from you! I will be home on a month break around May 1st. Would really enjoy meeting up. My son in law is in the process of building me a new brew rig. I am planning on 25 gallon kettles for 15 gallon brews. I would absolutely be interested in buying some of your spare equipment. It sounds like we have a lot of common interests and I need a tutor to help me get going on the wine and cider making! If your available let's get together and drink a beer!

Hey man you got it, I dunno what equipment you need, especially if your building a new system, but I have an extra propane burner stand, 5 gallon round cooler, bottles, extra buckets, an extra capper. I mean if you need any of it you can just have it. I'll have a lot more stuff I don't need when my 1/2 bbl system is up and running.

Sorry that I'm late to this thread. Hopefully you guys are still around. I'm in Greenbrier and would love to get jump in with some local guys to brew with and learn from. I haven't made the plunge and bought my kit yet, but I've bought several books over the last few months and just tried to do my homework.

Sorry that I'm late to this thread. Hopefully you guys are still around. I'm in Greenbrier and would love to get jump in with some local guys to brew with and learn from. I haven't made the plunge and bought my kit yet, but I've bought several books over the last few months and just tried to do my homework.

Not at all, and I will extend the same invitation to you as to my equipment. Are you planning on starting out with extract? If you want to brew a batch with me sometime just let me know.

I really think we should set up an official unofficial club in this area. I'm sure I could even throw together a decent website.

Not at all, and I will extend the same invitation to you as to my equipment. Are you planning on starting out with extract? If you want to brew a batch with me sometime just let me know.

I really think we should set up an official unofficial club in this area. I'm sure I could even throw together a decent website.
Thanks man. I still haven't decided on equipment. I've got a good friend in St. Louis who has access to awesome local shops and a buddy in Dallas who uses Austin Home Brew and he recommended I grab a kit from their online store. What are your thoughts? I plan on starting with the partial grain kits. I definitely don't feel confident about going all the way with an all grain to start, but I feel like I want to do more than extract. I'm definitely in for a meet-up and grabbing a beer when YeahFairly gets in town.

Thanks man. I still haven't decided on equipment. I've got a good friend in St. Louis who has access to awesome local shops and a buddy in Dallas who uses Austin Home Brew and he recommended I grab a kit from their online store. What are your thoughts? I plan on starting with the partial grain kits. I definitely don't feel confident about going all the way with an all grain to start, but I feel like I want to do more than extract. I'm definitely in for a meet-up and grabbing a beer when YeahFairly gets in town.

I think the best kits are the "True Brew" brand, I beleive is the name anyway. Better spigots, you get an auto siphon, the lids are much better too. If I had it to do over again I would have just pieced it all together, but that's knowing what I know now. If your wanting to do some partial boils just stick with a cheap aluminum pot for now, you'll most likely want to upgrade it fairly quick. When I did partial mashes, using the disposable stockings and a round cooler with no mods was about the best setup I found. Holds temps great but a 5 gallon bucket from the doughnut shop for 2 bucks works well too.

I work 2 weeks on and 1 week off by the way, so I have plenty of time on my off week to grab a brew or brew a batch. I try to keep 100 lbs of grain on hand, and 3-5 lbs of hops so ingrediants aren't an issue if you guys ever want to brew a batch and split it.

Oh and I'm Eric.

Greenbrier.... Your just up the road...... I'll be back in Arkansas in two weeks. Sounds like all three of us need to Meet for a few cold ones!

Greenbrier.... Your just up the road...... I'll be back in Arkansas in two weeks. Sounds like all three of us need to Meet for a few cold ones!

Good to hear from you again! Great idea, ya know Old Chicago is the best place for craft beer in the area if you guys are interested?

Still kickin...Hope all is well! I'll be back in the area in Mid October for about two weeks! We may need to negotiate a swap on one of those pumpkin brews. I haven't tried one yet!

You guys ever get together? I just retired this year and my son is getting me started but he is in Fort Smith. My friend in Conway has just retired as well but hasn't started yet. I have a set-up for 5 gallon batches, but no mash tun yet...plan on making one soon. Have 3 batches aging now, but none bottled yet.

St. Vincent, i work out that way a lot.

Haven't gotten together yet, but I still brew all the time. If you ever wanna get together and brew a batch let me know, I've got plenty of equipment, usually have at least 100 lbs of grain on hand and a few yeast strains as well.

So good to hear from another brewer in the area!!

cool... I just did an all grain stout last week at my son's. I have everything I need for equipment to do one here at home except the mash tun. I only do 5-5 1/2 gallon batches but think I want to go with bigger than a 5 gallon cooler since my son taught me using a 10 gallon. I seem to prefer Belgian beers so far, but haven't tried too many so may change my mind. :)
Bob

I still haven't gotten any equipment (mountain bike hobby has taken the free funds), but I still plan on getting a setup. I'd love to get together and help/learn/observe a brew day. We need to make this happen.

I will just let you guys know when I plan on brewing, anyone who wants to come over just send me a PM and I can give you directions.

I plan on brewing the weekend after Thanksgiving, got a ton of pilsner I need to use up before I "reload" on grain after Christmas. I've got some bourbon barrel porter, Budwiser clone, IPA and plenty of mead laying around to give or swap to anyone in the area.

sounds good...having company Thanksgiving but I don't have plans beyond that. I might even luck out and have nice weather for a bike trip to your place... :) I think Pilsner is the grain that i used the most of for my Belgian beers... ? I might be up for a cost share grain buy as well...

Cost share sounds good to me. I am planning on buying 50-100 lbs of wheat, another sack of Pils, a few bags of 2 row and maybe a sack of Munich for sure. As for specialty grains I would definitely split some bags with you if you wanted. I mean I'll split anything I buy if you just need it, no problem. I also end up throwing some yeast away from time to time, I save mine and sometimes it just sits forever, so if your ever hard up for some let me know.

After the first of the year I plan on brewing a lot of Belgians and sours, but I need to get my yearly bourbon barrel porter knocked out sometime around Christmas too.

The weather here who knows? I will give you more details about exactly what day and time I'm going to brew as the week progresses.

Cost share sounds good to me. I am planning on buying 50-100 lbs of wheat, another sack of Pils, a few bags of 2 row and maybe a sack of Munich for sure. As for specialty grains I would definitely split some bags with you if you wanted. I mean I'll split anything I buy if you just need it, no problem. I also end up throwing some yeast away from time to time, I save mine and sometimes it just sits forever, so if your ever hard up for some let me know.

After the first of the year I plan on brewing a lot of Belgians and sours, but I need to get my yearly bourbon barrel porter knocked out sometime around Christmas too.

The weather here who knows? I will give you more details about exactly what day and time I'm going to brew as the week progresses.

Hey Fellow Hillbillies.... I hope you are all doing good! I'm still stuck in Afghanistan but I will be home for Christmas and New Year's! I found the best deal I've seen so far on Bulk Grains and I was thinking about a future Group buy for the folks in Central Arkansas. 2 row is $1.10 a lb and if you have $299in purchases...shipping is free.... + you get a per sack discount which brings the price down even more. Not a huge selection but good enough for me. Take a look and let me know what you think about the prices!!! I am months away from needing any grain but you folks may be able to save some money if you order $300 as a group!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

https://www.brewhardware.com/default.asp

Hey Fellow Hillbillies.... I hope you are all doing good! I'm still stuck in Afghanistan but I will be home for Christmas and New Year's! I found the best deal I've seen so far on Bulk Grains and I was thinking about a future Group buy for the folks in Central Arkansas. 2 row is $1.10 a lb and if you have $299in purchases...shipping is free.... + you get a per sack discount which brings the price down even more. Not a huge selection but good enough for me. Take a look and let me know what you think about the prices!!! I am months away from needing any grain but you folks may be able to save some money if you order $300 as a group!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

https://www.brewhardware.com/default.asp

That's not bad. I can't remember exactly off the top of my head but at Fermentables in LR comes out to about the same for some MO, but again not exactly sure.

I'm sure you'll be busy with friends and family when your visiting but if you wanna brew let me know!

That's not bad. I can't remember exactly off the top of my head but at Fermentables in LR comes out to about the same for some MO, but again not exactly sure.

I'm sure you'll be busy with friends and family when your visiting but if you wanna brew let me know!

Hey Brother.... I hope you are doing good! My wife will be going back to work after the Jan 1 so I will have my days free for about a week. I would love to get together and brew..... or drink some BREW (lol)! Let's stay in touch on here between now and then and try to form a game plan.

I put $300 in grain and hops in the shopping cart... 100 lbs 2 row, 3 lbs hops and 110 lbs MO. When I figured the per sack discount and the free shipping the MO came to $1.28 per lb and the 2 row was .98 a lb.... I though that was dang good!

Stay in touch!

We can definitely work some buying out... are you still brewing after Thanksgiving?

cool...just let me know when and where and what to bring...it will be a great excuse to dust off my bike. I would like to watch you brew this first time rather than me bringing my equipment over and brewing too...I'd like to see the proper way to brew... :)
Bob
BTW- what do I need for storing bulk grain?

shoot us a time, place, and a list of what to bring...or call/text me...looks like it might be a really nice day.
208-4764

I may have to miss this one (really bummed). I'll be in Northwest Ark all weekend. Drink and extra for me.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Bob and I had a successful brew day. We brewed a Saison, and besides being a bit off on the final volume (I later figured out why) everything went without a hiccup.

I am definitely looking forward to many more brew days with you Bob, and others from the area; along with swapping some home brews!

Oh and those prices your talking about yeahfairly, me and Bob were talking about it and they do sound pretty darn good.

Also was hoping I could do some group brews in the future, I have a 25 gallon pot, so as long as everyone brings a mash tun it wouldn't be a problem to brew a large batch and split it.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Bob and I had a successful brew day. We brewed a Saison, and besides being a bit off on the final volume (I later figured out why) everything went without a hiccup.

I am definitely looking forward to many more brew days with you Bob, and others from the area; along with swapping some home brews!

Oh and those prices your talking about yeahfairly, me and Bob were talking about it and they do sound pretty darn good.

Also was hoping I could do some group brews in the future, I have a 25 gallon pot, so as long as everyone brings a mash tun it wouldn't be a problem to brew a large batch and split it.

Eric, it was great. thanks again! I enjoyed the lesson and will enjoy the nice samples that I brought home... :) The Plum Mead was tasty... :mug:

I'm looking forward to a group buy in the future.

Looking forward to it Fella's! Stay in touch! I'll be in the area for two weeks starting New Years day! Would really enjoy hooking up, brewing and throwing back a few. I really don't know anyone in the Conway area. I am from the Devil's Den area in NWA. Wife got transferred 2 years ago and I have been in Asscrackistan for the last 5 years.

Cheers!
Ken

Eric, it was great. thanks again! I enjoyed the lesson and will enjoy the nice samples that I brought home... :) The Plum Mead was tasty... :mug:

I'm looking forward to a group buy in the future.

Thank you very much and I enjoyed it too. I am wanting to buy some grain around Jan 16-25 or so. Sorry haven't replied to your text I've been working nights and didn't wanna bomb you at 3am haha. 2 row would be good, I wonder how much you can get wheat for? What about some pale ale malt such as Rahr or Marris Otter?

Looking forward to it Fella's! Stay in touch! I'll be in the area for two weeks starting New Years day! Would really enjoy hooking up, brewing and throwing back a few. I really don't know anyone in the Conway area. I am from the Devil's Den area in NWA. Wife got transferred 2 years ago and I have been in Asscrackistan for the last 5 years.

Cheers!
Ken

I will be off work from the 8th to the 13th, most likely will brew a batch on the 10th which is a Saturday, if you or anyone else wants to join me. Not sure what I'm going to brew but thinking about an Irish Red or Oatmeal Stout.

estricklin your right down the road from me.

Hello neighbor! Have you been brewing long? What kind of beers do you like?

welcome back. The brew shop owner says for me to call him before the end of the year if I want to pre-order my grain. I will get a bag of 2-row for sure and maybe a bag of a pale ale malt. Will I need a bag of Pilsner too or will 2 row and a pale do it? I got a ton of US Goldings hops coming so I'll be using it as much as possible. I will have to go to Fort Smith to get my grain though when it comes. I'll call and check other prices.

Latest posts

Back