Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Better Bottle Scratched. Just Received It.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
Neomich
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Better Bottle Scratched. Just Received It.

I just received my first BB and the outside is scratched quite a bit. I really don't know how to describe it but there are rough areas in a somewhat linear pattern that go all around the circumference of the bottle. Maybe 2 or 3 'ring' areas from top to bottom on the outside.

I know these things are durable but how much does it take to scratch the outsides? My real concern is being able to tell if the inside ever gets damaged if the outside is already scratched.

Is this a time to just relax and have a brew or is this a legitimate concern?

-Frank Zappa

Old 11-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #2
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If it's brand new I would contact the vendor and see about a replacement, I would expect anything I order to show up in pristine condition. As for scratching the inside of one, if you use a carboy brush you can be assured of that happening. All you need to do is stuff a wet cloth in there with a little bit of soapy water and swirl it around.

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station

Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
miatawnt2b
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I wouldn't think scratches on the outside are going to hurt anything, though I would contact the vendor for a replacement because it's not NEW condition.
-J