Kezzer temp comtroll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedicineMan

Reaction score
I just scored a 14cf chest freezer from Home Depot for $225 because it had a small dent on the lid. My question is should I spend the extra money for a digital external temp controller or just buy an analog one?

For a keezer? I went analog. Digital seems over kill in my opinion. There will be temperature swing when introducing a new keg anyway. Also your compressor will run less frequently with the larger temp range built into the analog.

Congrats on that freezer, freakin steal.

I just scored a 14cf chest freezer from Home Depot for $225 because it had a small dent on the lid. My question is should I spend the extra money for a digital external temp controller or just buy an analog one?

STC-1000 all the way,,an hour of your time to build a stand alone box (or a little more work and time to build it into the freezer) , 1/2 or less the cost of a johnson controller, more control. HAnds down a better choice.

Good point. If you can pull off the wiring the controller mentioned above sounds sick. Plus, if memory serves, it is a dual controller.

Analog or digital, I wouldn't use any external controller on a freezer that doesn't provide an anti-short-cycle delay setting...

Cheers!

For $20 the STC1000 is definitely the way to go! I wired mine & installed it in about 20min... No brainer

Back