Starter gluten-free sqlite database for Brewtarget - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Starter gluten-free sqlite database for Brewtarget

Old 10-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #1
Oct 2013

First time posting. Thanks everyone for the great community and information. Recently I've been working on setting up Brewtarget. I was initially frustrated at the lack of default ingredients I could use.

To fix that, I created a GF version of the Brewtarget sqlite db. It removes all fermentables with gluten (and yeasts) and adds in ingredients used in GF brewing. It's by no means complete and not perfectly accurate. There's only one recipe entered. Hopefully it can be useful to others. There is a zip file with the sqlite db as well as exports of the fermentables, yeast, and misc tables. (the ingredient xmls aren't beerxml)

The simplest way to use it is to rename the sqlite file to database.sqlite and drop it in the Brewtarget data folder. Using the Merge and Restore options might work as well. I haven't experimented much.

Edit: Grain.bsmx file for Beersmith 2. Again, not perfect. Basic color and yield only.

Reason: Add another link

Old 10-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
Jan 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Interesting ill have to play with this.

mrreoweh Likes This 
Old 12-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
Feb 2011
Wai, Hawaii
Liked 297 Times on 244 Posts

I down loaded the program and the GF file. Changed the name of the GF file to default_db, opened the program and all the items w/gluten still show up. Did I do something wrong?
Kaiser Ridge Brewing
Fermenting: Malahini Pale Ale
Bottled in the refe: Black IPA
Bottled in the refe: Old Glory Stout
Bottled in the refe: American Imperial Stout
Bottled in the refer: Dunkelweizen
Bottled in the refer Oktoberfest