Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Finally found time top brew yesterday after a 6-month haitus
Old 11-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts

Default Finally found time top brew yesterday after a 6-month haitus

Travel, coaching soccer, work...just all got in the way. Luckily I had a good stack of HB built up but I suspect it'll be gone by the time the robust porter I brewed yesterday is ready to go.

Nice to be back on the brewing wagon.

Primary: none
Bottle conditioning: Robust Porter
Drinking: Saison Dupont clone, tripel
Coming soon: Columbus APA, Rich Red ale
Old 11-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #2

Hey, good for you.
I'm in the same boat, going on 4 months hiatus for similar reasons.
Just realized I have to brew this week if I am going to have
any Thanksgiving beer.

Primary: m/t
Secondary: m/t-giving up on Secondary?
Bottled: Imperial Stout; Steam Beer (S-23); ESB; Stout; Amarillo IPA; Tripel (BYO's Tripel the light fantastic); American Wheat (1010); Red Amber; BB Robust Porter; BB IPA; Mexican cerveza (US-5);
Old (4 yrs) LME ale
Up next: ? imperial stout
Old 11-04-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
Ale's What Cures You!
Liked 6385 Times on 4547 Posts
Likes Given: 1743

Welcome back. I slowed down a bit in the summer, and am now feeling the effects- I only have a couple kinds of homebrew left! The weather now, though, is perfect for stockpiling. Get busy and brew!
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

Follow me on facebook:
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
Liked 317 Times on 161 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Welcome back! I know what it's like. I need to build up some inventory before the holidays and my travel schedule kick in.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I also brewed my first batch after a 5 month hiatus. I had about 8 ozs of Golding's and used it all in a 5 gal batch. I cant wait to taste how it turns out. anyone have any insight here? I should be able to do a couple of batches per weekend for the next few weeks so i excited to have my premium beer back in production because I have been surviving on store bought at 8$/sixpack.......

Primary:Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone

My trash heap fridge rescue and conversion to a first class fermentation chamber

If you don't like your job, you don't strike!.....You just go in everyday and do it really half a$$ed, THATS the American way! - Homer J Simpson